Web Editor (New Newsroom)
We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Success in the cigarette business gives us the resources to pursue our ambitious vision.
As PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future, it views communications as strategically critical to building on the company’s established success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global media landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other publicity and marketing groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.
As a result, the Global Communications department is also rapidly transforming itself. This includes moving to a real-time response system focused on all of our customers and their needs; embracing an omnichannel world where news can be created by anyone, anywhere, anytime; respecting policies of governments while working hard to promote our better-for-you programs around IQOS and heated tobacco products; and doing our best to build sustainable business practices consistent with 21st-century values.
The mission of the Global Communication’s Content team is to develop the narrative and produce innovative omnichannel content to help promote and publicise a smoke-free future and the products that help migrate smokers from burnt tobacco to better alternatives.
Our content team is growing and we are looking for a Web Editor / Head of Web to be based in the PMI’s office in London. You will play a critical role strategizing and implementing online Content that will drive our smoke-free future with a particular focus on PMI's owned sites. Your work and strategic counsel will touch all teams within the Global Communications function and key internal customers and senior leaders across PMI functions (i.e. Crisis communications, Digital, Science & Innovation, External Affairs, Corporate Communications. Partnership & Influencer Engagement.).
This is a unique opportunity to have a real impact on the strategic direction of a global function within a business that is striving to invoke positive change across the industry.
- Managing team of writers to deliver regular content to pmi.com, the new consumer info site, and IQOS.com to improve the websites performance metrics
- Overseeing look and feel of pmi.com and the new consumer info site
- Working with S&I comms to support pmiscience.com written content, and simpler versions on pmi.com
- Ensuring excellence in writing and storytelling, with the consumer at the forefront of all content creation
- Monitoring performance of key sites with digital team, and delivering content to match consumer demands
- Deliver and manage written content for key campaigns
- Deliver and manage written content for external agencies involved in key campaigns
- As we develop our digital content distribution network to deliver content for personalised digital distribution
- Develop new content to explain the PMI transformation and journey, including sustainability
- Work with managing editor, and heads of video and social to ensure aligned content creation and distribution
- Support other areas of Global comms to ensure excellent writing everywhere
- Commission design director to support written story-telling with infographics.
- Excellent editorial record within an agency, newsroom or blue chip brand within highly regulated markets
- An expert writer with a recent portfolio in both short and long term storytelling
- Experience leading/mentoring a team direct and indirect reports including agency selection and management
- Proven record of balancing engagement metrics with solid content Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional initiatives and locations to execution especially working with other internal stakeholders often with technical backgrounds
- Journalism background would be a significant advantage
- A creative thinker with a passion for generating ideas trends and a relentless drive to see them come to fruition
Why Work for us?
Here are 3 reasons to work for PMI:
1. We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 and one of our greatest strengths is our employees speak more than 80 languages
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program
3. We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world. We are the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women.
Join a Global Market Leader
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.