Data Analyst - London - Waterloo
£28,000 - £30,000 salary!
Data Analyst - The Company
They are widely recognised as leaders in their space; using innovative and ever evolving technologies to scrape social media data from the internet universe to surface consumer insights and trends, feeding in to innovation. They are data experts offering a number of products for clients, working on briefs and also providing continuous data. They are in scale-up phase with offices globally, a really exciting point in their journey. They continue to win accounts of global blue chip clients and as a result they are growing rapidly and looking to hire in their Central London office. The culture is that of ambition, drive, collaboration and intelligent contributions.
Data Analyst - Key Skills
- 2-4 years working experience in a quantitative research/analytics role
- Real-world experience defining research questions, gathering and analysing data, and communicating results in a business or research setting
- Comfortable applying quantitative analytics techniques to data, with experience analysing and interpreting digital data sources such as social media
- Understands how to build robust social media data queries using appropriate and efficient syntax
- Solid project management skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to communicate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in using Excel, crosstab and equivalent data manipulation tools
- Excellent eye for detail and strong process skills
- Able to flag any issues to more senior colleagues and delegate to more junior colleagues where appropriate
Data Analyst - Additional key skills
- Experience with a variety of industry sectors, in particular FMCG, Food & Beverage, Avionics, Finance, Healthcare
- Experience using BI Tools and Tableau
- Knowledge of relational databases and strong SQL skills
- Experience with data wrangling, script writing, and model building (Python and/or R)
- Proficient 2nd language speaker
Data Analyst - The Role
As a Data Analyst, you are fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. You will be working in a fast paced, energized environment and your key accountabilities will include:
- Research and create robust category datasets for use in analysis and reporting. Own domain knowledge within the team and able to work proactively to understand the business challenge and industry context behind a brief, defining what good looks like for the client/ end user.
- Responsible for researching and creating robust social queries to define category & sector conversation (i.e. Twitter, long-form content, Facebook, Instagram).
- Responsible for finding new data sources to incorporate into a category they own. Manage the acquisition and validation of data with the Datasets team, ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Manage taxonomy curation and improvement for structured social datasets. Re-use and incorporate publicly available or 3rd party taxonomies and ontologies where possible
- Work in tandem with a Data Engineer to access, organise, and interrogate data. Conduct data-led quantitative analysis to a high standard to extract insights from sizeable datasets
- Work with Data Science and Production to apply and manage NLP and expansion techniques. Able to explain methods to non-technical stakeholders and demonstrate robust research logic.
- Responsible for the application of a new language to a category that they own, including management of both translation resource and Data Science requirements.
In addition to base salary, the company offers a wide range of benefits and career progression opportunities.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "CRISTINA PRODAN". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Cristina Prodan| DD: 020 78 45 72 02 - firstname.lastname@example.org Please notes all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.