Head of Client Sales
As Head of Client Sales you will be working on this well know and well established bi monthly title + its portfolio to maximise revenue and contribution from key clients. This role requires a focused, engaging, dedicated and consultative professional to drive client direct advertising and sponsorship sales across this leading business portfolio.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and deliver the annual client direct sales strategy and communicate this to the Team.
- Optimise performance
- To ensure that all advertising and sponsorship revenue streams are maximised across the client direct territories for existing clients.
- Maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities including forecasting monthly and quarterly revenues across the client direct territories.
- Meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals according to sales plan.
- Oversee the delivery of campaigns and campaign reporting working with the Media Commercial Project Manager.
- Meet and exceed personal and client direct development target goals as agreed on an annual and monthly basis and as set in 121s.
- Achieve targets
- Deliver team targets set for the this bi-monthly magazine and to the sales plan for specific projects digital websites digital screens, webinars, social media etc., (monthly) and Events selling to the sales plan and to the campaign start date for each project.
- Meet New Business Targets
- Proactively generate new business to achieve targeted revenues across the client direct team and key KPIs on yields, maximising revenue generated from developing new clients with advertising/sponsorship and building content led, cross platform, campaigns.
- Team Player
- Work with the team to achieve our collective goals. Work collaboratively to pitch new business, identify new opportunities and to evolve and refine the proposition. Share market insights, knowledge and ideas with the team and share in our collective success.
- Cultivate a broad and deep understanding of the available portfolio and how each of the opportunities works on its own and together to deliver a successful campaign. Ensure that our clients understand the full extent of portfolio available and how it can help them to achieve their specific business goals.
- Seek continuous customer feedback to feed into new product development and improvement strategies.
- Maintain industry knowledge for all sectors you sell to. Be informed of market trends and an authority on B2B business media. Identify new and emerging sectors and opportunities. Have a thorough understanding of your key client’s business objectives.
- Ensure you understand rates, pricing structures, resource requirements, profitability and market value for your campaigns. Sell at rate card where possible and understand the necessity to maintain strong rates when negotiating.
- Ensure open and clear communication with the Commercial Sales Director, Group Commercial Director, the Media team & wider Commercial team.
- Communicate on-going contact/sales activities through sales pipeline reports and fortnightly 1-1 meetings with the Commercial Sales Director and weekly meetings with the Media Sales Team. Update weekly on activity status and next steps related to specific opportunities, soliciting support as required.
- Develop strong working relationships with all departments to help create new commercial sales opportunities, to help to deliver key goals.
- Cross Sell Opportunities wherever possible, share contacts and facilitate introductions with peers in other commercial teams and well as seeking introductions and collaboration with others
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Highly motivated, autonomous and intelligent with a clear focus on meeting and over achieving on all targets and a passion for the portfolio.
- Experience as a key team player; all working towards achieving weekly sales, monthly targets and the annual goals.
- A strong knowledge of publishing, print, digital & events within B2B media.
- Proven success in B2B media sales; selling cross platform media solutions.
- Experience creating strong, responses to briefs, excellent written proposals, and engaging presentations.
- Passion for building strong client relationships, selling on the phone and face - to-face.
- Strong and credible experience of consultative sales approach; writing creative pitches and building content based campaigns.
- Proven experience in successfully driving revenue streams with clients direct, at a senior level, across all B2B sectors.
- A proven track record of maintaining and growing existing client relationships
- A proven track record at developing new business.
- An enviable contact book with direct advertisers and sponsors.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication & relationship building skills both with clients & internally.
- The ability to present confidently and with authority at a senior level.
- Highly numerate and organised.
- Strong negotiation skills.