Insight Manager - London
4 days left
This is a part time (21 hours per week) permanent role, reporting to and working closely with the Head of Insight & Innovation. You will have 2 direct reports at insight officer level, each working a 3-day week, as a job share.
The insight function is at the heart of the organisation.
We are the leading organisation in the UK that researches sport purely from the perspective of women and girls, ensuring we reflect their ‘authentic voice’ and are an ‘indispensable partner’ to the organisations in the sports sector. We do this by robust and innovative research, which gets under the skin of the issues, and importantly by the ability to transform these into ideas and action. The insight gained is then used to drive change through campaigns, policy change and new initiatives where we work with external partners to champion women and girls through sport. Your role will be to help Women in Sport build on its reputation as the expert in this area.
The role requires someone with strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, a passion for understanding what makes people tick and who is able to translate that understanding into compelling stories which inspire others. You should be comfortable running your own research, moderating focus groups, conducting interviews and analysing results, as well as managing research agencies to design and deliver research for our larger projects.
As a member of the Women in Sport team staff you will also support the delivery of the Women in Sport Research and Advice Service. You will share knowledge, experience and advice through a proactive support service to ultimately prevent women and girls missing out on the lifelong benefits of sport.
• Advising on appropriate data collection methods, designing and managing both qualitative and quantitative projects, from briefing, writing questionnaires and discussion guides through to analysis, reporting and presenting the findings verbally and in written reports.
a. Conducting your own qualitative interviews and focus groups and setting up simple questionnaires (e.g. On survey monkey) in-house
b. Commissioning research with external research agencies and managing to achieve the highest standards of work, on time and to budget.
c. Interpreting the findings and deriving clear recommendations to drive action in policy change or innovation from the work done.
d. Presenting findings externally to our partners and the wider sports sector, at meetings, workshops and events.
e. Developing clear and compelling presentations and reports.
• Monitoring and compiling Women in Sport and third-party information and researching and writing literature reviews.
• Responsibility for the day-to-day management of two Insight Officers, allocating their workload and supporting the Head of Insight with their professional development.
• Managing and monitoring the insight budget and expenditure.
• Building relationships and credibility with external stakeholders and insight counterparts.
• Working closely with the Communications team to provide the information and support necessary to recommend subject matter for consumer campaigns and contributing insight content.
• Working closely with the innovation team to help them generate ideas from the insights and to provide monitoring and evaluation for their programmes of work.
• Supporting the Head of insight and innovation with Women in Sport insight strategy and business plans.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Possess a relevant qualification or appropriate experience in a related research/insight role
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a market and/or social research environment, regularly using both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
• Good current working knowledge of the latest online and offline research methodologies, tools and protocols
• Analytical and numerate with experience interpreting data
• Competent in survey design and analysis
• Competent in conducting qualitative interviews and focus groups.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent IT and MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
• Good presentation skills and confidence to speak in public.
• Experience of managing direct reports or a small team.
• Experience or knowledge of the charity/voluntary sector
• Experience in SPSS and other quantitative analytics packages
• Enthusiasm, energy and a positive ‘can do’ attitude towards work.
• Self-motivated, pro-active and curious. Always seeking to understand why.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Well-organised, numerate and with excellent attention to detail.
• A strong team player and manager with good inter-personal skills
• Demonstrable commitment to the ethos of equality and diversity
CLOSING DATE: 22nd October 2018
Interviews week commencing 5th November 2018
Apply for Insight Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly