Media and Communications Officer
Media & Communications Officer
£26,002 - £30,627
The Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) works to achieve peace, equality, freedom and justice for Palestinians and all people and against racism, occupation, and colonisation. We are the biggest organisation in the UK dedicated to securing Palestinian human rights and bring together people from all walks of life to work towards our goals. We aim to create mainstream pressure to change the policies of the UK government and to indirectly place pressure on the Israeli government to end its oppression of the Palestinian people. We support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) until Israel complies with international law.
As our Media and Communications Officer, you will work closely with the Director to oversee the operation of our external communications. This includes working with traditional media, social and digital media, messaging, publications, and mass emails. You will also work in partnership with the Director to develop our overall communications strategy and establish campaign-specific communications plans.
We are seeking a passionate and diligent communications professional who is able to think clearly and creatively, as well as work towards tight deadlines.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver a strategy for PSC’s press and media work, and expand our online and digital presence.
- Build and maintain key relationships with journalists as well as the media.
- Oversee the production of PSC’s external communications, and provide support to other members of the team.
- Work closely with PSC’s campaigns team to develop media and communications plans for all of PSC’s campaigns
To be successful, you will:
- Have experience of delivery high-quality communications across a wide range of platforms.
- Be experienced in designing and delivering effective communications and media strategies.
- Have a strong background in working successfully with the media and journalists.
A level of flexible working is required for this post due to short notice media requirements on occasions.
Closing date: 5 PM - 25/10/18
Interviews: Week of November 5th
We are a small friendly team and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and with a passion for our mission and values.