A fast-growing organisation in the animal health and welfare sector are looking for a Communications Manager to join the rapidly expanding team after a recent acquisition by a huge global brand.
The Role: A great opportunity for a Communications Manager with experience of both internal and external comms/PR has come available with this growing business based in the West Midlands. Supporting the overall group as well as individual practices, you will be responsible for building brand awareness with the corporate market and delivering internal communications to support all key messages and changes within the business. Working closely with both the marketing team and HR/Corporate Affairs team.
- Support and help shape the emloyee engagement and external communications programme
- Create advertising campaigns and editorial for the trade press on weekly and monthly basis
- Work with third party agencies; PR, creative, advertising to sell corporate stories in and create advertorials
- Write corporate press releases and pass to PR agencies- ensure that they sell into correct media channels
- Develop an employer brand via positive external communications to aid graduate scheme and recruitment; work closely with HR to position this
- Develop corporate hospitality days
- Write monthly newsletters and distribute to practices and group
- Develop employee engagement communications in conjunction with HR and senior stakeholders
- Support new practices with all on-boarding communications
- Write copy on behalf of CEO
The Candidate: You will have experience working across print and digital and have excellent written and spoken English as well as being confident in juggling multiple projects. In terms of experience, you will have worked in either external or internal communications or a mix of the two and must have experience of corporate communications. An excellent copywriter and with experience of writing press releases and liaising with agencies is preferred. You must be comfortable working strategically and able to contribute to the overall communications strategy as well as being happy to work operationally and deliver against the communications plan. Happy to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment with little processes in place, be a self-starter and have plenty of initiative.
As well as the salary of up to £40,000, the benefits include 21 days holiday plus BH, pension.
This Communications Manager role is commutable from Solihull, Redditch, Birmingham, Coventry, Shirley, Leamington Spa
Would also suit a Senior PR Executive or Senior Internal Communications Executive or Senior Corporate Communications Executive looking for the next step up.
Communications Executive, £35,000 - £40,000, Solihull