Our client is recognised as one of the most awarded health advertising agencies in the world. Creativity is at the heart of everything they do and they believe in the power of ideas to transform businesses and help people lead healthier lives.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an experienced Medical Writer to join our vibrant Creative department in thier Berkshire office. We are looking for an individual with a solid scientific background, a desire to work in a creative environment, and at least 3yrs of experience, preferably (but not necessarily) gained across MedComms/MedEd and advertising.
You will be working independently or in collaboration with other members of the Creative department (Copywriters/Art Directors and Designers) to develop original, effective communications that demand a high level of medical knowledge. Translating complex clinical information into impactful stories and compelling sales messages is a key part of the job. You will be expected to research and analyse data and write accurately for a wide range of marketing materials, while cultivating a tonally writing style that is adaptable to different target audiences.
- Prepare story flows, draft outlines and final copy for online and offline content (detail aids, leavepieces, mailers, websites, film/animation scripts, exhibition stands, etc.)
- Supply marked-up supporting references to substantiate the claims made in the copy, for approval by clients
- Use your knowledge and insight to develop materials that are aligned with a brand's idea and engage the target audience
- Develop a thorough understanding of the idea that underpins a brand
- Support Copywriters and Creative teams, as needed, providing scientific input into the generation of creative ideas
- Work with Account Handlers and the Strategy Group to help develop proposals and pitches and inform strategic approaches, brand planning and the formulation of idea briefs
- Conduct field or desk research as necessary to validate and/or challenge the above
- Work with cross-functional agency teams to ensure that work is produced on time and all deadlines are met
- Sign off work at all stages of development, taking responsibility for accuracy, consistency, spelling, grammar, references and compliance with corporate guidelines and relevant regulations
- Ensure that internal systems and processes are adhered to at all times
- Keep all internal stakeholders informed of the progress of projects, especially if any issues arise that relate to budget or timelines
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of your assigned clients' business needs, brands, therapy areas, and target patient populations so that you can propose appropriate solutions
- Attend client meetings and participate in discussions relating to copy and the supporting clinical data
- Commit to maintaining the agency's high level of service, which is fundamental to client retention
- Whenever opportunities arise, engage with clients to maximise selling opportunities, championing their brand at all times
- Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Refer to senior team members for advice and support
- Undertake any other task deemed to be appropriate for this role, as directed by the Lead Medical Writer or another manager
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Life sciences degree (PhD preferred but not essential)
- Excellent written English and attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of modern medicine and trends in pharmaceutical product use and development
- Thorough understanding of how to read and interpret clinical trial data
- Familiarity with the medical literature and databases such as PubMed, to perform literature searches and corroborate, challenge or strengthen client-supplied materials and messages, as appropriate
- Good knowledge and appreciation of ethically accepted vocabulary, phrases and messaging used in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to communicate the science behind a brand or product category in an effective, clear and concise manner in individual and group settings (e.g. to inform colleagues)
- Appreciation of writing for digital media (SEO, delivering a story effectively through digital media, etc.)
- Good understanding of the internal workings of the agency and the processes of implementation
- Good working knowledge of client and approval processes
- Excellent understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice and other relevant compliance codes
Please send CV stating salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Apply for Medical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly