Head of Development
Head of Development - Global Digital Agency - £90,000 - £100,000 plus benefits
Head of Development - The Company
An award winning global digital agency based in Shoreditch is looking for a Head of Development to join their team. Their mission is to craft products and services which help people make sense of the world around them and by implementing UX and design thinking principles to complex problems.
Head of Development - Your role
The Head of Development is a unique role - combining experience design with a deep technical understanding, you'll be responsible for driving the development agenda and strategy across the agency.
You'll have a strong technical background, having held positions such as Development Lead or Technical Lead previously (hands on experience is essential), and be able to combine this with a commercial mind-set to drive forward the capabilities of your team.
Head of Development - Your responsibilities
* Set up and grow the Development Practice; people, process, technology
* Ownership of technical solutions, from proposal through design to delivery
* Be the technical authority for all live projects; providing quality assurance across all onshore development, and working with offshore leadership to ensure joined-up quality assurance processes
* Be the escalation point for all technical delivery issues
* Set up effective governance, ways of working, release management, code management and defect management processes with offshore teams
* Be a thought leader; bring breakthrough development practices, tools, techniques and general best practice into the Foolproof domain
* Line Management of onshore development team; including setting SMART objectives, career planning, training, remuneration reviews and regular one-to-one sessions
* Support in the commercialising of technical solutions, providing indicative costs and resourcing options
* Support and/or lead in pitches
Head of Development - Your Skills
* Minimum 8 years professional experience across development roles, digital agency experience is a big bonus!
* Deep experience managing cross-disciplinary technical teams, including onshore, nearshore and offshore
* Deep experience working with agile delivery methodologies and DevOps processes
* Experience establishing governance, ways of working and other processes for effective technical delivery
* Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with senior clients
* Experience line managing; providing pastoral support and career guidance
* Good awareness of technical project management; including strong awareness of risks and issues, assumptions and dependencies. A professional qualification in this space is preferred.
* Good understanding of human-centred design principles
* Good cultural understanding of working with India
* Experience working in an agency environment and in a user experience / experience design / usability environment is preferred
In return, you'll be joining a cutting edge team working with household brands and have the freedom to direct strategy as you see fit.
You'll be offered a competitive salary, biannual salary reviews, annual bonus scheme and profit shares, and many more benefits.
If this is the role for you then APPLY NOW!!
We also have a range of Tech and Development roles on at the moment from £20,000 - £130,000
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "HARRY MAGUIRE". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Harry Maguire - email@example.com. Please note all applications will be made in confidence.
Apply for Head of Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly