Head of eCommerce
We are working with a significant, fast-growing, dynamic multi-platform consumer media business based in West London. They are recruiting for a Head of eCommerce to set up and lead the (new) e-Commerce Centre of Excellence within their organisation. This role is reporting into the Group MD and will be a member of the digital leadership team. The role will set up and establish a small team of experts in e-Commerce (4-7 people), and will work collaboratively with the Brand teams and the Product/tech teams to deliver encourage our clients 20m+ customers to transact with them via the most appropriate business model.
Strategic e-Commerce Leadership:
· Strategy: Create and implement a vision for the e-Commerce strategy across Digital brands which will deliver e-Commerce transactions across affiliates, white label, own commerce and TV shopping platforms.
· Customer Obsession: Obsession with providing value to customers, understanding customer needs and motivations and strong opinions about good customer experience.
· Supplier Management: Own, negotiate and partner the key supplier relationships to deliver results for all brands and for the supplier.
· Product Roadmap: Partner with the product team to create a forward roadmap to optimize the shopping experience on behalf of the customer with a focus on optimising conversion to purchase
· Content: Have a clear vision around maximising commercial content and 'shoppable' content within the voice of the brand to ensure that we drive conversion, but also maintain brand integrity.
· Business Development: Be at the forefront of ongoing developments and innovation in the online commerce area and ensure that our client is taking advantage of all opportunities.
Leadership, People and Management:
· Leadership: Provide inspiration and dynamic leadership across the brands and within your own team developing a strong, positive culture which motivates and encourages the best talent.
· People: Hire and develop exceptional marketing talent. Manage performance appropriately, establish clear targets and seek to create career advancement opportunities for staff.
· Collaboration: Work openly and effectively, build active partnerships with brand teams critical to the success of the e-Commerce effort.
· Innovation: Build a culture of continuous improvement within the team, test and learn and explore opportunities and ideas, and find ways to simplify.
Customer Conversion to purchase:
· Customer Profile: Develop detailed customer profiling and deep audience understanding across each of the brands in terms of demographics, behaviour and interests. Use these personas and insights to understand the customer cohorts that are more likely to transact on our sites.
· Customer feedback: Establish a range of channels to encourage feedback and gauge customer satisfaction, and ensure customers have a voice in development of future product enhancements.
· Value proposition: Develop skills in creating strong, data and insight led customer value propositions, and ability to test them with customers.
· Testing & optimization: Develop tools and processes to be able to test and optimise the customer journey through the funnel to maximise conversion to purchase.
Supplier partner management and negotiation:
· Identify and recruit partners: Work with the brand teams to identify potential partners and business models and negotiate commercial terms with the partners to bring them on-board.
· Deliver partner commitments: Performance management and ongoing optimisation with partners to ensure the partnership is delivering a win:win for both.
Performance management and business growth:
· Results: Identify the key inputs for the business and deliver them with the right quality and to the agreed deadlines, in order to deliver revenue/profit targets for e-Commerce. Build and execute a rigorous discipline of analytics and measurement systems to quantify the effectiveness of all marketing and customer satisfaction efforts.
· Technology: Collaborate with the technical teams to ensure we have clear metrics defining critical KPIs and can use those metrics to make live decisions on future technological developments
· Data: work with data specialists to deepen understanding of audience and identify trends in customer data that drive specific activity
* The right candidate will have an excellent track record in commerce/retail, deep digital marketing expertise
* Experience of managing a variety of difference commerce business models in the digital environment and leading new product launches digitally and proven people management skills that work within a matrix environment.
* Key personal attributes include a passion for innovation and change; obsession with customer-led development and delivering a fantastic customer experience;
* You'll have the ability to influence peers and board level decision-makers
* You'll have the ability to think strategically and translate high level objectives into effective operational activity; and a collaborative, can-do attitude.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.