Event Director - Major Shows
1 day left
As Event Director you will have overall responsibility for your shows performance leading a team across all disciplines. To ensure tactics are produced to manage the event program and budgets as well as resources and staff as directed by the Divisional Director/Managing Director.
• To proactively ensure the success of high profile events whilst maximising profits.
• To proactively liaise with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post event responsibilities.
• Proactively manage the show budgets ensuring no overspend and maximum profitability for the business.
• Proactively support the company’s senior management team to ensure the smooth running of the company as and when required.
• Through research, analysis, developing relationships and market intelligence, to implement strategies and initiatives to ensure the on-going growth and sustainability of the event – writing a business plan for the event (updated annually)
• Produces a coherent brand strategy for all four events to maintain and increase relevance to all markets, meeting visitor and exhibitor expectations
• Ensure that marketing strategy is aligned with the event’s commercial objectives
• Provide a strategic event floor plan in conjunction with the Operations Manager – designed to meet the budget target and optimise the visitors experience and ensure constant and consistent visitor stand traffic for exhibitors
• Identify and implement (where possible) extra revenue streams and brand extension opportunities
• Monitor and report competitor activity, taking actions where necessary
• To get close to your market, understand its trends and develop your event around it
• Overall accountability for setting annual P&L as well as for meeting and exceeding budgeted gross and net profit contribution of all four shows
• Ensuring that the PO process is adhered to and any anomalies in the monthly management accounts are spotted early and acted upon
• Ensuring credit control collects funds in a timely fashion and before each show opens
• Provide a monthly report and forecast on show revenues, contribution, manpower and actions that are being taken for the shows to achieve budget
• Write in conjunction with the show team the annual exhibition business plan factoring in KPIs and a P&L or each show
• Day to day management of the event team
• Set clear goals and objectives for all reporting staff
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets (with the aid of CRM applications)
• Create, monitor and evaluate individual bonus plans for the show team
• Complete annual and mid-term staff appraisals as necessary
• Recruit and interview new staff where necessary
• Assess, develop and coach all reporting staff (including identifying bespoke training needs of individuals where necessary)
• Motivate the team
• Coach and develop the team in all aspects of their roles, creating transition map to expanded roles and promotion where appropriate
• Interdepartmental –manage relationships with supporting departments, ensuring they are aligned to the event’s business objectives and commercial goals
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
• Working with the operations director to develop an operational strategy that meets/comes in under budget while ensuring high levels of exhibitor and delegate experiences and production values are maintained
• Ensure the operational plan is being delivered in an efficient and timely manner
• Develop campaign strategy with the Marketing Director to meet overall visitor numbers (with the right demographics), feature content, visitor and acquisition costs
• Personally manage all key industry partnerships in conjunction with Marketing Director
• Develop an exhibitor campaign strategy including vertical and horizontal activity
• Appoint contractors/suppliers/agencies with the Marketing Director as required
• Conduct press/TV and radio interviews as necessary
• Foster positive and professional relationships with key suppliers, associations, media and commercial partners
• Manage the Show Managers and other sales staff
• Lead by example – beyond team target, also responsible for delivering personal sales targets across the event under your management
• Develop a campaign strategy with the sales team that meets and exceeds targets including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship revenues
• Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
• Support the sales team in developing new revenues streams and creative and complex sales such as sponsor
• Visit and canvas at competitor and industry events
• Run and manage the rebook process and rebook team
• Role play the sales team regularly and share areas for enhanced sales performance and best practice
• Manage the prospect database to ensure it is constantly updated and is fit for purpose falling in line with the companies CRM policy.
• Ensure a constant high quality of delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
Apply for Event Director - Major Shows
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly