Executive Creative Director
BBC Creative is the BBC’s in-house agency. Its ambition is simple: to be the best in the world at what we do, for the world’s best broadcaster.
Launched in 2016, it is a now a team of over 150 – based in London & Salford – responsible for all the BBC Marketing campaigns and also leading on a wide range of design and branding projects. Our work has been recognised in a wide range of awards including 2 Gold Lions at Cannes.
This role is to support Laurent Simon, our current ECD, in driving the quality of creative work across all disciplines.
For more info: http://www.bbccreative.co.uk
This is critical leadership role within BBC Creative, both creatively and as part of the wider Management team.
In this role you will:
- Play an important role in the overall leadership of BBC Creative
- Provide overall creative leadership & inspiration
- Represent the team to Marketing, Editorial and the wider industry
- Build a positive environment for the development of the highest quality creative output
- Be responsible for the attraction, recruitment and retention of top talent
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Driving the highest quality of creative output from the in house team – as judged by awards, effectiveness and stakeholder feedback – with a specific focus on developing its expertise beyond TV
- Creating, building and nurturing the creative reputation of the team within the BBC & beyond – this will include representing the BBC in key creative forums such as D&AD & Promax
- Building a strong & effective team, as judged by feedback, retention & attraction of talent – this will include developing an apprentice/graduate scheme attracting the next generation of creative talent
- Supporting effective processes for the delivery of high quality creative output, working closely with the Head of Operations and the Head of Production
- Fostering effective use of budget, through smart creative and production solutions. Liaising with the Head of Operations and the Head of Production, as well as working in partnership with agencies, production companies and other external talent
About the BBC
Our aim is simple - to enrich people's lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain by being the most creative organisation in the world. But we don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it.
Working here means you’ll be part of something genuinely special. We’re different from other broadcasters. We’re funded by the licence fee and guided by a unique set of principles and values. People know us and are passionate about what we do. You’ll also be involved in things that are enjoyed by millions.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here