Senior Planner / Strategist
The successful applicant will be able demonstrate incisive thinking, and creative intuition to deliver well-considered solutions. Their colleagues will look to them for fresh insights and clear thinking that stimulate bold ideas to deliver against the client’s objectives.
To be considered, you need to be a good storyteller that cannot only inspire creative teams but also able to take your clients on a journey that excites and connects with them. Through intellect, research, and instinct you will pinpoint the role for brand purpose, customer experience and marketing communications in solving business problems.
You will be a good all-rounder, able to come up with solutions across corporate, B2C and B2B brands. You will be joining a growing team and will have the opportunity to influence key accounts. You will have plenty of opportunity to hone your skills and experience in a role that will be crucial to the success of our agency and clients alike.
- Leading strategic thinking on key global accounts and selected new business pitches
- Developing brand strategies and propositions; creative briefs; client presentations; customer journey maps and communications strategies
- Positively impacting the agency creative product through sharp insights, inspiring briefings and productive collaboration with creative teams
- Defining audience profiles and personas, and developing integrated activity, journeys and roadmaps across POE media
- Preparing and facilitating client planning sessions and strategy workshops
- Designing, commissioning and managing research to support the development of strategy and creative work
- Playing an active role in new business pitches and presentations
Skills and experience
- Proven experience (circa. 5+ years) in a similar role within an integrated agency, working on blue-chip accounts
- Blend of brand strategy and integrated planning expertise preferred
- Experience of working with corporate or B2B brands is desirable, but not essential
- Exemplary communication skills and an ability to quickly build rapport with client and agency teams
- Has the gravitas to build client confidence, and the ability to inspire creatives
- Demonstrates a curious mind that looks for and learns from new information or experiences and an ability to think innovatively to develop creative solutions
- Proactively widens knowledge of emerging channel and platform alongside that of human behaviour
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing strategy team that manages to combine the best attributes of brand consultancy with campaign development and high end creativity.