Legacy Marketing Executive
£28,000 - £32,000
We are seeking a Marketing Executive to join our ambitious and passionate Legacy and In Memory Marketing team to help shape our strategic approach for Legacy marketing.
Our Fundraising and Marketing department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children receives around £20m each year from supporters who leave gifts to us in their wills. We are looking for a Marketing Executive to deliver the Legacy team’s Acquisition strategy, with the aim of encouraging the general public to consider including gifts to Save the Children in their wills. The Acquisition campaign runs on a range of channels, with a focus on TV and Digital. In addition, the role will manage relationships with key agencies, including those who provide wills for our supporters. This role also has responsibility for supporting our internal activity raising awareness of the value of Legacy giving and will be involved in cross-sector campaigns.
Reporting to the Legacy Marketing Manager, you will:
- Plan, execute and evaluate multi-channel Legacy Acquisition campaigns to encourage the public to consider including a gift to Save the Children in their wills, with a focus on TV, print and digital marketing strategies.
- Support the Marketing Manager to develop annual budgets and manage allocated income and expenditure
- Track, analyse and report on campaigns and ensure effective analysis and timely delivery of end of campaign reports
- Lead on day-to-day management of assigned external relationships with agency partners and suppliers
- Build relationships with internal colleagues and peers to help deliver operational aspects of campaigns in line with the supporter promise
- Identify and progress innovative ways to deliver a positive supporter experience for potential legacy supporters
- Carry out the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s Supporter Promise and the organisation’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy
To be successful you will be passionate about Legacy and In Memory fundraising and will be driven by a desire to help Save the Children achieve its aims. You will have previous experience in a fundraising or marketing role and demonstrable experience of influencing others with the ability to foster relationships with key stakeholders. You will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and sensitively with a diverse audience writing, by telephone and in person
- Experience of working as part of a team and the flexibility to support other colleagues
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to prioritise own workload effectively
- The ability to analyse financial and statistical information
- A high level of computer literacy, including experience of MS Office, and the ability to work with a CRM system
- The willingness to travel within the UK as required
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 26th October