Marketing Manager - Conferences
Are you an experienced, commercially-minded and organised b2b Conference Marketer looking for your next challenge?
A rare opportunity has arisen within the Haymarket Business Media (HBM), Professional Associations team, for an exceptional Conference Marketing Manager, working across a portfolio of 10-12, one and two day conferences across the year. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will have the chance to create and implement event marketing plans ensuring these are delivered on time and within budget. You will also work closely with other parts of the business including our client content agency Network. Ideally you will have previous experience marketing b2b conferences.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include roles such as Senior Event Marketing Coordinator, Event Marketing Manager or Events Manager.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
● Competitive salary
● Comprehensive training and career development programme
● 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
● Generous contributory pension scheme
● Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
● Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
● Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
● You will work closely with the head Marketing to ensure coherent strategies for the conferences and events within the portfolios
● Ensuring all marketing activity is executed on time and within budget as per the marketing plan
● Schedule and deliver email campaigns for the events, including copywriting and data selection
● Plan and execute social media campaigns, in line with marketing plans for all events, including paid for advertising
● Report on performance of email and social media campaigns and provide insights / results to the rest of the team.
● Work closely with the data team to improve quantity, quality and usage of current data
● Maintaining the relevant event websites and working alongside the web team to improve and update current sites
● Assist with the planning and implementation of retention marketing activity
● Produce and update any relevant marketing material for the events such as conference and exhibition brochures
● Liaise with any necessary designers / suppliers
● Use analytics and other insight tools to monitor and improve performance of campaigns
● Produce and update accurate reporting on all marketing activity and KPIs
● Work closely with other parts of the business including the customer service and sales teams and our client content agency Network.
● Monitor competitor activity and relevant industry news
● Be aware of trends within the wider marketing environment to reduce costs, identify opportunities and improve practices
● Gain an understanding of the broader objectives and strategies of the department and how they may contribute to them
● Carrying out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with HBM, which may not be specified in your job description
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s events division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!