Workshop Manager - Event Production Agency - Harlow (Essex)
An experienced Workshop Manager is urgently needed to join this Event Production company based in Harlow, Essex.
This is a theatrical design and production company. They produce and deliver a diverse range of sets and props for events, product launches, exhibitions, sampling campaigns and experiential marketing projects. Designing and building for brands with innovation, craftsmanship and theatrical flair they are a small family business that enjoy working at the forefront of the experiential marketing and agency industry. High quality production finish is their trademark and a strong team ethic their ethos.
As the Workshop Manager you will be responsible for the full end to end production build for all projects - taking the lead on production builds from brief through to delivery. Managing the workshop space, outside yard and storage containers you will oversee a sub contract production team which can vary in size from 1 to 20, depending on each project. Daily your will be responsibilities will include:
- Unlocking each morning and locking up at night
- Working alongside Company Production Manager to manage the flow of work into the workshop
- Attending all project briefings and production meetings to receive drawings and instruction on realisation of each project
- Supervising the installation and removal of projects onsite as required
- Monitor deliveries in and out of the building
- Manage all subcontracted crew so as to effectively evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor activities, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace at all times
- Liaise proactively and positively with internal teams
Is this You?
- Ideally come from a theatrical or exhibition background and have experience in production of a broad range of sets, props and modular units, at a senior level from conception through to execution
- An adaptable, flexible and accommodating attitude
- Understanding the ever changing demands of high end brands is essential
- Strong leadership and production skills and can work under pressure with often tight deadlines
- Experience with software including AutoCAD/Sketch Up would be an added benefit
- Qualification or experience in health and safety compliance and buildings maintenance would be an added benefit but is not essential
If this is the role for you, please apply immediately. Salary around £30K.