New Business Director
This is a great opportunity for a New Business Director looking for a new challenge in the world of content. You’re likely to be a No. 2/New Business Manager in an established digital or marketing agency ready to step into a more senior role. You will relish the challenge to compete with established players in the market and prove yourself in the future of content marketing agencies. This is the key role in our new New Business team that will drive outbound sales and create inbound leads.
WHO WE ARE
Hangar Seven’s ambition builds on our reputation for creating and producing creative content for our Clients to providing data-powered marketing that moves consumers closer to purchase, using digital-first content.
We work with ambitious marketers and have deep expertise in retail and packaged goods. We’re proud to work with an impressive list of blue chip Clients with whom we enjoy long lasting relationships.
We're part of The Hut Group, one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies and one of the UK’s most valuable companies. We’re part of the Group’s “Ingenuity” award winning technology platform which provides end to end e-commerce including hosting and infrastructure, data science, digital marketing, creative and production, warehouse and fulfilment, manufacturing and facilities and customer service.
- Define and deliver the new business strategy for the business, delivering an effective plan to achieve ambitious targets.
- Initiate, lead and manage business development initiatives.
- Build our profile among potential clients and opinion formers so that we are top of mind when it comes to briefs, pitches, media comments and speaking opportunities.
- Lead creation and distribution of compelling, distinctive content that provokes contact and creates opportunities for discussion around specific business opportunities.
- Ensure that we are presented in the strongest possible way when it comes to pitches, proposals, media and events.
- Inspire and direct your team towards generating sales and leads to meet our targets.
- You are currently No. 2/New Business Manager in an established marketing or digital agency. You know both our market and competition as well as the routes to market through networking events and the like.
- Experience of consultative selling, prospecting and building awareness through a variety of channels. Content marketing experience is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong influencing skills. You have the gravitas to engage and influence key decision makers within target companies.
- Entrepeneurial, forward thinking, innovative, “can do” mindset. You’re focussed and motivated on delivering great results and have a track record of achieving targets.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Clued into what’s happening in the world at large and particularly trends that impact our business, e.g. tech/brand/innovation/popular culture/fashion/marketing/digital.
- People management experience: you enjoy inspiring and mentoring a team.
- A professional approach and a sense of humour. You will be an optimistic and positive force for the business.