Senior Developer .NET/C#
Working within agile cross-functional squads, our Developers implement high quality, high performance multi-device, multi-channel digital programmes across our client base using the most appropriate technology.
We have a great new opportunity for a talented and ambitious Developer to join our team, delivering everything from cross devise responsive websites, to mobile apps, to real-time systems integrating with 3rd party suppliers.
We’re keen to hear all about you; your key strengths, weaknesses and areas of interest for learning and development. Drop us a line, we all ears…
What you will do…
- Work closely with both internal Design and DX teams, and external specialists to help architect and develop user focuses web and mobile experiences.
- Maintain latest development techniques, developing code that is modular, using techniques that are appropriate to the language and development environment
- Plan, manage and deliver allocated tasks, managing your own time and identifying and blockers.
- Research and share solutions to problems, to develop and provide evidence to support ideas
- Keep up to date with current technical trends and knowledge and evaluate suitability and viability of application in current and future projects
- Use your technical capabilities to proactively contribute to meetings, project planning and post project evaluations.
What you will need to succeed…
- A clear understanding of Object Oriented Programming, SOLID software design principles and approaches to implementing them
- Proven and demonstrable ability to build server-side web applications using clean, well document and secure code
- Experience of building websites with CMS systems such as Umbraco
- Experience with the following server-side languages, frameworks
- .Net framework (v4 and ideally Core)
- C#, MVC, Entity Framework, WebAPI
- SQL Server
- An understanding of web application security risks and mitigation techniques
- You will have worked within an Agile environment
- Ideally you will have a good understanding of DevOps methodologies and processes, including CI/CD and experience with build and deployment tooling such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus
- Experience of Azure or other cloud platform service providers
This is us…
We are Prophecy Unlimited, the forward-thinking, Bristol-based agency that thinks life is better when it’s joined-up. From attention-grabbing content that engages people into a brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there. We are 150 spirited individuals who work with clarity, curiosity and vision to join up the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
Prophecy Unlimited is part of The Unlimited Group, which brings together a unique blend of discipline experts from across 26 specialist companies to offer a world of thinking without limits.
What we value…
Great work stems from a great team. So, we are dedicated to delivering for our clients, and passionate about how we do it. We live our values and have a lot of fun along the way, offering talented individuals a rewarding, dynamic and vibrant culture in which to build careers and friendships. Our values reflect what we believe to be most important as an agency.
• Generosity is the way we think and act and the big heart that unites us.
• Spirit is the positive, fearless and imaginative approach we take to everything we do.
• Clarity is the precision and vision it takes to simplify the complex.
• Curiosity is the need to ask questions, challenge assumptions. To wonder and explore.
What we give…
You get to work in lovely contemporary offices in the heart of Bristol with likeminded talented people who share your passion. Plus, there’s career development and training at every turn, a generous holiday allowance, your birthday day off and early festive closing. You even get the chance to take a volunteer day to support a cause you care about.
We do all the stuff you would expect:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Matched Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
And we do a few things you might not expect…
We keep you going with fresh fruit, breakfast on us and great coffee. We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 23rd November 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the