Business Development Director
Strategic Business Development Director
I used to be a New Biz Director; it’s a tough job. It’s surprising just how many agencies have poorly developed new business programmes let alone a strategy. There’s often tremendous pressure to achieve short term results, an expectation that you’ll perform miracles.
As a result we rarely handle such briefs. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is the first New Biz role we’ve taken on in more than 5 years. That alone should tell you just what a well crafted opportunity exists.
Working for a stellar but to some degree, under the radar, creative consultancy, our client specialises in brand design and innovation. They are brand guardians for a number of famous brands and are always in attendance at the top table when it comes to the huge brand development projects. As you’d expect, they’re a smart bunch, hard workers, and immensely well rewarded.
Refreshingly they have a well thought out business development strategy. As their Head of New Business you will help to initiate, lead and manage their business development programme, with the support of their Business Development Manager and in partnership with senior management and the wider team as necessary.
You will help to ensure that our client is part of the discussion when it comes to briefs, pitches, proposals, media and speaking opportunities.
Who are you?
- We’d like to think you’ll be confident and articulate
- You’ll be full of ideas with the drive to make them happen
- Extrovert in nature you’ll have a consultative sales style
- Naturally you’ll excel in building relationships
Responsibilities fall into a variety of areas:
- Reputation and business development planning
- Lead generation and management
- Support in key client development
- Pitches and proposals
- Managing key assets
- Media/ PR
- Inspire networking activity
- Inspire, mentor and motivate
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of full-time experience with business development preferably at a brand/marketing consultancy or agency
- Prior proposal writing experience, preferably in consulting or professional services
- A strategic and rigorous approach to presenting information
- Excellent business writing skills (across a wide range of applications, from case studies to proposals and targeted letters to business development prospects)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop tailored and responsive proposals and presentations
Be passionate and driven
- An enthusiasm for brand, innovation and design
- A proactive and hands-on approach to learning and working with others
- A willingness to share new ideas and bring those ideas to fruition
- An unparalleled work ethic and drive to provide an exceptional work product
- A passion for the art of consultative selling and the thrill of winning a new client
- A commercial instinct and orientation
If strategic new business development is your bag then in this field there can be few better opportunities. The longer term career opportunities are exceptional.
Apply for Business Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly