Engagement and Event Manager (Shopping Centre)
Engagement Manager / Brand Manager (Shopping Centre)
The Mander Centre is a 620,000 sq. ft Shopping Centre in Wolverhampton, which underwent a £35 million redevelopment over the course of two years, culminating in its relaunch in the autumn of last year. The Mander Centre attracts up to 17 million visitors annually. Its recent regeneration is part of a wider £3 billion investment project into the city of Wolverhampton.
M J Mapp Retail is a specialist division of M J Mapp, a market leader in the management of commercial property, employing over 270 people in London, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester. M J Mapp manages around £9 billion of commercial property and services approx. 4,500 occupiers throughout the United Kingdom for a variety of leading Fund Managers, REIT’s and other investors in Real Estate. In addition, M J Mapp is one of 2018’s ‘Best Places to Work in Property’.
Position: Centre Engagement Manager
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Dependent on Experiences
About the role:
As our Engagement Manager you will curate and create an entirely new style of brand experience for the shopper, centre and city of Wolverhampton. This will be shopping as it should be: “Fascinating, fun and feel good” are how people will describe the shareable experiences you will bring to their shopping missions.
The role of the Engagement Manager is to develop and deliver an Engagement Strategy and Events Programme that ensures the asset is ‘always activated’ so that consumers will ‘always enjoy an enhanced shopping experience’ at The Mander Centre.
- Ensure the Engagement Strategy is aligned with the client asset management strategy and includes Event Activities from all of the asset stakeholder groups (Customer, City, Community)
- Curate, and implement an all-year round Events Programme that is versatile, varied, targeted and fully integrated with the overall marketing strategy and stakeholder event programming
- Develop proactive partnerships with City and Regional stakeholders to ensure the asset is included as a venue in their event programme delivery
- Develop an extensive network of Commercial Retail, Service Operators and Sponsors to proactively promote the asset to, ensuring annual income budgets are achieved
- Determine a ‘measure of success’ and evaluation report for every activity, reporting results to the asset team on a regular basis and as part of the monthly management reports
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to ensure that the Engagement Strategy and Event Programme are proactively delivered through the asset media channels
- Monitor and manage all media channels to ascertain consumer sentiment of all events as part of the evaluation process
- Establish a full budget programme with the Centre Manager for the entire Engagement Strategy ensuring cost, income and profit expectations are met
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all retailers in the asset, ensuring that their trading strategies are understood and supported as part of the Engagement Strategy and Event Programme
- Ensure that Engagement Strategy and Event Programme are promoted to the centre team, retailers and all stakeholders so that aims, objectives and their required roles in the successful delivery are understood
- Actively represent the brand with retailers and stakeholders ensuring that goodwill and good results are generated, always
- You will have acquired expertise in curating and managing brand experience programmes from previous event / exhibition or brand management roles
- Highly organised, commercially aware and a keen team communicator and leader you will bring your colleagues, partners and performers with you on this pioneering approach to enlivening the shopping experience
- You will understand channel marketing and work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure that the programme content is deployed effectively and enthusiastically, demonstrating skills in maximising message engagement
- You will be the personification of the brand and will inspire internal partners to ensure the brand is refined, revitalised and replayed by everyone, as it should be, always
- Innovating, challenging the norm and finding ways to create the new normal will be essential characteristics in your day to day pursuit of experience excellence
You may have experience of the following: Engagement Manager, Strategy, Project Management, Customer Care Manager, Customer Engagement, Customer Support, Relationship Management, Engagement Officer, Programme Manager, Communications, Engagement, Engagement Programmes, Retail, Event Programmes etc.