Event Sales Manager - New Launch
We have an exciting new opportunity for a driven Event Manager to create and launch a brand-new exhibition focusing on the enormous pets market. You will be working for a leading international exhibition organisation.
• Act as a leader for the event’s dedicated team.
This includes: developing individual sales and performance targets and measuring performance against those targets. Recruiting, coaching, and developing each sales team member; working collaboratively with the Sales Performance Team to drive high performance using analytics.
• Building strong and key relationships within the pet industry
• Support sales team members with sales activities where appropriate.
• Developing sales strategies for key clients, helping sales team members to prepare for client meetings, attending meeting with key or bellwether accounts.
• Understand (and monitor changes in) the industry, its value chain, the needs of its participants, and the needs of exhibitors and visitors.
• Ensure that this understanding is fed into the event’s value proposition, and the resulting sales strategy, plan, key messages, and tactics.
• You will work closely with the central strategy team to gather customer feedback and write an annual product review plan (PDR) which encompasses all aspects of plans for the show (sales, content, marketing, operations) for the following year and beyond.
Identifying opportunities to innovate within the event and ensuring that the event is fresh, relevant, and seen within the industry as a "must-attend-event" year after year.
Develop the key sales messages for sales staff to use when securing retained or new business, based on the event’s value proposition and strategy.
Develop the event’s requirements, based on the event’s value proposition and strategy. These requirements will then be delivered by the best practice functions (i.e. Exhibitor and Visitor Marketing, Customer Success, Content, and Event Operations) based in the region, in line with best practice (as defined by HQ).
• Working with the central Marketing and Content teams is critical to set the right agenda for Marketing and Content for the show, the Event Manager must collaborate with these central teams on show plans and to ensure they reflect customer requirements and strategy plans for the next 1-2 years for their show.
• Consolidate required budget to deliver the event’s requirements from each of the regional best practice functions. The delivery plan shows the key delivery milestones for the event, including specific milestones for each best practice function. The budget shows expected revenues and how much money is allocated to each best practice function to deliver their milestones.
• Project manage the delivery of the event plan, including all best practice teams’ deliverables. This means that, although the Event Manager does not directly manage the best practice teams, the Event Manager is accountable for ensuring they deliver on time and to budget (or taking corrective action when they do not).
• Report this performance on a regular basis to senior management within both the region and HQ.
• Develop the event's sales plan, including: re-booking, sponsorship and all other revenue streams, on-site activities at competitor exhibitions, scheduling meetings with bellwethers, identifying and targeting under-represented market sectors, etc. The overall sales targets in the sales plan should align to the event’s budget.
• Build and maintain key relationships vital for the success of the event. These relationships are likely to include (but not limited to) government departments, trade associations, media, and bellwether accounts.
Experience & Knowledge – Essential
• Successfully launched a new exhibition show
• Successfully led sales teams in subscription-based B2B organisations
• Developed a culture of high performance within sales teams
• Developed and maintained relationships with senior governmental or industry association stakeholders
• Worked in a project management role (or similar)
• Keen interest in pets
Experience & Knowledge - Desirable
• Worked in an organisation with a matrix management structure
• Developed working relationships with remote or international stakeholders
• Managed teams of indirect reports to deliver integrated products or services for customers
• Led and guided teams through changes to their ways of working
• Previous experience in a customer service focused role
Skills - Essential
• Fluent in English (Spoken and Written)
• Manage senior stakeholders, both within and outside the company
• Communicate both verbally and written
• Understand strategic priorities and translate them into tangible actions
• Develop and manage project plans and budgets
• Manage projects to meet deadlines and budgets
• Ability to use initiative
Personal Qualities - Essential
• Leads by example and role-models desired behaviour
• Strong commercial acumen
• Calm under pressure
• Forward thinking and open to change
• Customer focused
• Proactive and resourceful
Apply for Event Sales Manager - New Launch
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly