A fast-growing organisation in the animal health and welfare sector are looking for a Communications Manager to join the rapidly expanding team after a recent acquisition by a huge global brand.
The Role: A great opportunity for a Communications Manager with experience of both internal and external comms has come available with this growing business based in the West Midlands. Supporting the overall group as well as individual practices, you will be responsible for building the strategy as well as delivering the communications plan. Initially the focus will be on internal communications to improve employee engagement and deliver positive internal stories to support all key messages and changes within the business. Working closely with both the marketing team and HR/Corporate Affairs team.
- Develop employee engagement communications in conjunction with HR and senior stakeholders
- Support new practices with all on-boarding communications
- Write copy on behalf of CEO
- Write monthly newsletters and distribute to practices and group
- Create advertising campaigns and editorial for the trade press on weekly and monthly basis
- Work with third party agencies; PR, creative, advertising to sell corporate stories in and create advertorials
- Write corporate press releases and pass to PR agencies- ensure that they sell into correct media channels
- Develop an employer brand via positive external communications to aid graduate scheme and recruitment; work closely with HR to position this
- Develop corporate hospitality days
The Candidate: You will have experience working across print and digital and have excellent written and spoken English as well as being confident in juggling multiple projects. You will have a strong communications background with a strong focus on internal communications and employee engagement and be adept at communicating business change. An excellent copywriter and with experience of writing press releases and liaising with agencies is preferred. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and reactive environment with little structure and process in place, be a self-starter and have plenty of initiative.
As well as the salary of up to £40,000, the benefits include 21 days holiday plus BH, pension.
This Communications Manager role is commutable from Solihull, Redditch, Birmingham, Coventry, Shirley, Leamington Spa
Would also suit an Internal Communications Manager, Senior Communications Executive looking for a step up or a Corporate Communications Manager.
Communications Manager, £35,000 - £40,000, Shirley