Senior Account Manager - CRM/Social/Drinks
Senior Account Manager at small consumer engagement and content specialist agency in Shoreditch.
To work across two iconic drinks brands delivering CRM/social/digital campaigns.
Ideally an established Senior Account Manager not far from Account Director level.
You will be joining an ambitious, close knit, and sociable team. Our existing account members work collaboratively to deliver world class CRM campaigns through the production of impactful and effective strategic and creative work. We are looking for another talented individual to join our team, and work on two of our pillar clients.
We are the clients lead strategic agency for all digital activity, including CRM/eCRM, social, brand and e-Commerce website. The CRM activity focuses on campaign specific activity and new product launches. As a brand, they have a large and very enthusiastic consumer following, they are a loyal customer following and we produce engaging content throughout their lifecycle to aid the growth and retention of the base.
In addition to working on the eCRM programmes, this role will also include working with the clients account and social team on various other digital projects such as social campaigns, as well as broader digital work within the brand and e-Commerce website.
The second client is focused on delivering timely, relevant and engaging offers and content to their two customer bases via CRM activity - namely sports and music.
We need a motivated and highly driven Senior Account Manager to support the Senior Account Director and wider team across both accounts. This role involves senior level contact and working very closely with our strategy and creative team to deliver best in class solutions, they need to be confident in their ability to manage the day to day running of the accounts as well as their own projects and are trusted to do so, asking for help and working together across projects when needed. The individual will line-manage an Account Executive and take responsibility for their development and progression.
• Building a strong relationship with key client contacts, and establishing yourself as the ‘go-to’ on the day-to-day running of the account, both internally and with the client team
• Instigating and leading effective Agency/Client meetings, including the creation of well-structured agendas, comprehensive next-steps, & monitoring alignment of the sessions/work requirements against the client’s KPIs
• Representing Communicator in a professional manner in client and all agency meetings
• Providing insightful, business driven ideas and information which positively impact the client’s business
Account Management & Growth
• Takes full ownership of multiple projects from start to finish, ensuring they are managed effectively, completed on time, in budget and in line with agreed objectives
• Oversee the accounts resource scheduling, and run an internal meeting to align the team’s resource requirements on a weekly basis
• Demonstration of careful management of resources, estimates, budgeting, invoicing, timesheet analysis, client negotiation, cost control and consultative selling
• Ensure that the team are running profitable jobs and manage account budget trackers with the AD to ensure the agency is profitable, and highlighting potential opportunities for growth (
• Demonstrates solid strategic thinking and has ability to run a campaign from start to finish
• Works closely with the Account Director and strategy team in the ideation, development and implementation of proactive projects
• Reviewing and approving the team’s briefs, debriefs and creative output before they are shared internally or with client
• Considers how to grow account – looking at ways of working to improve efficiencies and profitability
• Show strong awareness of longer term account requirements and proactively initiates projects
• Providing timely and consistent communication to Account Director about project status, profitability, risks and junior team
• Responsible for management of an Account Executive, including:
o Management of performance and development/progression
o Maintaining a motivating and positive attitude
o Weekly one to ones to help manage and prioritise workload
o Lead by example, setting high standards of excellence
• 2 years’ experience as a Senior Account Manager, working on CRM and digital. Alcohol experience is a strong asset, but not mandatory
• Hardworking, ambitious, bright individual with a great personality and a can-do attitude
• Strong client service orientation, who has highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong communication skills
• Good strategic thinking skills
• Strong presentation skills (writing and delivering)
• Strong leadership skills, and an approachable manner
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to think on your feet and problem solve
• A desire for you and your team to achieve high quality standards with strong attention to detail
• Self-starter and team player who is solution oriented and knows how to ‘make things happen’
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Appreciates great creative work and be able to judge it accordingly
• Takes action / decisions with consideration for both client and agency interests
• Able to identify any cross/up-sell opportunities that could generate additional revenue growth for the agency and work with the Account Director to develop these into successful proposals