The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them ‒ we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives. We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
As Membership Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day relationship between the ACU and its member institutions, ensuring that all members feel that they have good access to the ACU and its activities.
- Assisting in the creation and updating of membership and marketing materials.
- Providing briefings on members to colleagues within the ACU.
- Attending member meetings and assistant with general membership engagement activities.
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Use of content management systems, databases and Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Interest in/experience of the higher education sector and/or international development
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
Benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development.
Closing date: 28 November 2018
Interview date: w/c 10 December 2018