Senior Sales Executive
Senior Sales Executive, Exhibition Sales - £30K basic+commission
The successful candidate will sell exhibition stand space and sponsorship for the exhibition. Working within the exhibition sales team, it is expected that the candidate will grow existing business and will be responsible for sourcing new sales leads and closing new business. The candidate will be expected to understand the market served sufficiently to achieve a consultative sales approach. The job is office based, some travel and visits to trade fairs required.
The ideal candidate must have a successful track record in sales, preferably within exhibitions and/or b2b media sales and will able to grow revenue through new business. They will also need to demonstrate a flexible approach to sales, using different sales skills and techniques as required. Key skill sets and responsibilities for this role are:-
The role and skills required:
- Working to predetermined targets to sell exhibition space and sponsorship.
- Conduct on-going telesales activity and be able to confidently sell and close via the telephone, as well as understand the consultative sales process.
- Responsible for finding and developing new business as well as handling and growing existing business. Sourcing and closing new business is essential.
- Ability to analyse and canvass competitive shows.
- Contacting past exhibitors and prospecting new companies.
- Ability to manage own sales pipeline and numerical acumen
Ideally you will have:-
- Three years sales experience, preferably in exhibitions
- Passionate customer focused attitude
- Idea generator, initiative-taker and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and rapport building skills
- Resilient, determined and able to work under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Strong drive and ambition
- Potential to develop to Sales Manager
For more information on this role, get in touch with Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd.