Delegate Sales Manager
Delegate Sales Manager -
Our client is a dynamic digital media and events business covering two different brands within the transport industry. Due to success and growth in this area, they now need an experienced Delegate Sales Manager responsible for selling delegate packages for their suite of rail and security events.
They’re looking for a self-starter who can take responsibility and ownership and deliver to a high standard from day one. They have a relatively young, friendly and collaborative team. The working environment is relaxed but they are all serious about achieving their aims and building a great business and delivering for their customers.
They are the leading source of news and events for the rail and metro IT and technology industry. Through original reporting, data analysis and exclusive insights, they inform and inspire those at the cutting edge of industry innovation across IT and asset management, signalling, telecommunications, passenger focussed services and more. Their news website, digital guides, social media, videos, newsletters, white papers and research engage with their 52,000+ member global community every day. 100% independent, they are where rail and metro comes to learn about the solutions, projects and developments that are shaping and disrupting their rapidly changing industry.
The successful Delegate Sales Manager will have a proven track record selling delegate packages on multiple campaigns into international markets. The candidate will have ownership of entire universe of prospects and customers (no letter, company or regional split) selling across 6 conferences and one exhibition. A successful candidate progression path will give committed and successful employees the opportunity to progress on to managing a team of delegate sales executives.
The successful candidate will have access to an excellent database of categorized leads and will receive a constant flow of inbound leads from the online portals. He or she will never be wanting for good, qualified data.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND REMUNERATION
Degree educated with minimum 1-2 years experience in digital media sales and / or B2B media sales (preferably exhibition / conference sales) and a solid understanding of the sales process.
Excellent phone manner, strong work ethic, desire to work as part of a team (we’re a small team of around 10 and one of our USPs is the ability to work together to deliver an excellent customer experience), hungry for money and success (as a small business those who succeed have plenty of room to grow).
- Minimum of 1 years experience in b2b media sales required, (preferably exhibition / conference sales)
- Degree educated important, not necessarily essential.
- Possessing a solid understanding of the delegate sales process and methodology
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of consistently beating and exceeding targets.
- You need to be comfortable doing phone based selling – 90% of the sales prospecting is phone based. An articulate phone manner is essential.
- The candidate will need to show they are a good team player, (we’re a small team of around 15 and one of our USPs is the ability to work together to deliver an excellent customer experience).
- Need to show a commitment to personal development and growth, open to learning new sales skills and processes. You will grow from constant training, formal and informal.
- Ability to engage with C-level / senior executives with pan-regional remits.
- The ability to understand and articulate the core issues and drivers of the industries we serve.
Salary is dependent on experience c £27,000 pa + commission uncapped.
All commissions are paid one month in arrears after payments received. We offer discretionary target bonuses / incentives also.