At the Home Office we deal with some of the most important issues facing the UK. We’re currently looking for a marketing manager to join our team to deliver campaigns to achieve some of the Department’s most crucial priorities.
From tackling knife crime to preventing deaths from fire, we are developing a range of high profile and insight driven behaviour change marketing campaigns addressing challenging issues and targeting both broad and niche audiences.
This post is located in the Home Office Communication Directorate and you will be working in the heart of Whitehall.
You will report to a senior marketing manager and be responsible for the day to day planning and delivery of Home Office marketing campaigns.
Our team structure provides ample opportunity to work with wider communication colleagues eg Insight, Press Office and Strategic Communications - we work in a high calibre Directorate with a big emphasis on driving and sharing expertise and training. You will also have exposure to officials in policy teams and Ministers’ offices, which offers fascinating experience of the running of government.
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of marketing products and campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Working closely with strategic communication leads to ensure marketing supports communication objectives and is aligned with broader communication activity.
- Manage suppliers and agencies to deliver high quality and cost effective marketing activity that meets Home Office objectives.
- Manage significant marketing budgets, including managing finance processes and driving value for money.
- Provide marketing expertise and advice to wider communication colleagues and policy officials.
- Secure approval of campaign plans and assets through written submissions and presentations to stakeholders.
- Ensure marketing campaigns are well co-ordinated, meet objectives and are delivered to a high standard within agreed budgets and timescales.
This is a busy role and the successful candidate needs to be prepared to work later or earlier as required, to meet the needs of the team.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate solid experience of marketing delivery, either on the client or agency side. Qualifications in marketing such as CIM are desirable but not essential.
Applications will be assessed based on how the candidates demonstrate the following essential skills and core competencies:
1. Insight (Campaigns & Marketing):
Gain an accurate understanding of the issues. Use insight to identify target audiences and partners to inform communication objectives, messages and solutions.
2. Ideas (Campaigns & Marketing):
Develop the communication strategy and plan, select channels and develop key messages and content for target audiences. Identify evaluation criteria.
3. Implementation (Campaigns & Marketing):
Develop and implement effective communication strategies and plans. Work with stakeholders and partners to deliver communication.
4. Impact (Campaigns & Marketing):
Assess the impact and effectiveness of communication. Review achievement of objectives. Identify lessons learnt and share feedback.
- A practical working knowledge of above the line marketing (in particular experience of managing creative development, production and media planning).
- A good understanding of planning and implementation across all communication channels, in particular digital and social media channels.
- Proven track record in project and relationship management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Good judgment and an understanding of the political landscape - this is important as we work on high profile and sensitive campaign issues.
- Excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of how to drive value for money.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently and drive forward projects using own initiative.
- Experience of managing agencies and suppliers.
- Track record of managing significant marketing budgets and financial processes.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Communications - Insight: Campaigns and Marketing
- Communications - Ideas: Campaigns and Marketing
- Communications - Implementation: Campaigns and Marketing
- Communications - Impact: Campaigns and Marketing
For more information such as benefits and how to apply for this role, click "apply".