Communications Manager - Competitive salary + car allowance, bonus and benefits - Rugby
This growing international company are looking for a talented Communications Manager to join their team based in Rugby.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious communicator to work within a diverse industry sector.
The successful Communications Manager will be a storyteller and proactive individual able to enhance and protect UK operations by delivering positive external communications, media relations, PR, crisis communications and social media. This is a large organisation and so the ability to manage internal and external stakeholder relationships is key.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver sustained proactive external communications across all media platforms to raise the company profile in both Europe and the UK.
- Develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of and strong links with key media outlets
- Deal confidently with media enquiries, preparing responses, statements, articles and briefings
- Planning and implementation of crisis communications in line with company protocols
- Collaborate closely with digital and marketing teams and supplier agencies to leverage campaigns and ensure PR opportunities are maximised
- Liaise with UK business units to identify and produce positive news stories and identify potential risks for negative publicity
- Propose and manage the external communications annual budget
- Work with Corporate & Europe Communications to ensure that the UK maximises the facilities and channels that are available to profile our news stories
- Manage and support relevant stakeholder with specific campaigns and events
- Active involvement in PR events, maximising opportunities for communication activity
- Implementation of the groups social media strategy
- Developing ideas and content for online channels including impact measurement
Although part of a wider marketing team, this role doesn't currently have any direct reports and so the suitable candidate will need to be a creative, strategic thinker also happy to carry out the day to day implementation.
Candidates must have previous experience within a similar role and a B2B industry. It is preferable that candidates have experience working within a sizeable organisation but not essential.
In return you will join an organisation that inspire efficiency, flexibility, sustainability and outstanding customer service and are seen as a true thought leader in their sector.
Please apply or contact Jessie at Blue Skies to discuss.