Executive Producer, Advertising Team Leader
As the leader of the Advertising team you will be responsible for day-to-day running of the division with a focus on production and working closely with the head of business development. You will be a ‘rain-making’ producer. You will be accountable for the financial performance of the division and must have a keen commercial interest in margin management and new business. You will provide oversight and quality control on projects. You will work closely with other members of the team on matters including HR, strategy and finance.
You will have a specific responsibility for all aspects of production in the advertising team. This includes creating award-winning TV and digital content, devising innovative and budget-friendly production methods, writing and managing production budgets and schedules, and explaining projects to clients. You will oversee all productions to ensure the high quality and smooth delivery of all output. You will be expected to be hands on and produce work yourself. You will manage the production team and provide advice about projects and trouble-shoot when necessary. You will support the creative and business development teams by generating ideas, attending pitch meetings and giving clients confidence in your ability to make exceptional content.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future strategy and growth of the Advertising Production division. The successful candidate will have considerable production experience and creative flair as well as leadership skills and commercial understanding.
- Run the division by responding to clients, attending meetings, representing and leading the team
- Manage a team including business development, creative and production staff as well as freelancers
- Monitor team performance in terms of revenue, margin and other KPIs
- Develop the business strategy alongside the business development team and collaborate with senior colleagues on commercial opportunities
- Implement departmental and companywide strategy – managing teams through change
- Develop new strategies and workflows to maximise efficiency
- Credibly represent ITN Productions in front of clients and manage relationships to maximise client satisfaction and retention
- Oversee all active productions: lead the creative response, write/manage budgets and schedules, liaise with third parties and clients, trouble-shoot and problem solve, manage clock numbers and music reports, ensure quality and timely delivery
- Devise and/or explain complex production techniques including live/as live and socially reactive advertising
- Source and liaise with third parties on contracts, fees, T&Cs etc including talent, post/kit houses, production teams and other suppliers, and develop partnerships where appropriate
- Bring extensive industry knowledge and continuously stay in tune with market changes and opportunities
- Ensure Health, Safety and Compliance standards are met
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader
- Significant experience of TV and digital advertising production across all project stages (from responding to briefs, writing budgeting/schedules, to creating content and delivery)
- Experience of managing large scale productions
- Strong commercial awareness: comfortable with management accounts, pipelines, margins
- Excellent client relationships and a proven record of maximising client satisfaction and retention
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills: an enthusiastic, creative and inspirational person with experience of managing change and motivating colleagues
- Knowledge of production techniques (TV and digital including studio, on location, multi-camera, graphics, streaming, green-screen etc.) and post-production workflows
- Industry knowledge including trends, APA rates for crew, compliance regulations, Clearcast operations, delivery process and formats (Adstream, IMD), and a network of industry contacts