Global Head of Marketing
Global Head of Marketing, 85K Basic
Our client is an exciting global business that has doubled in size for three consecutive years. They work with the world's leading brands, upskilling their talent and helping them to build and develop digital capability across their organisations at scale.
Specialising in digital marketing, they bring together a faculty of experts, cutting-edge educational technology, interactivity and world-class animation to deliver an unconventional learning experience which is both educational & entertaining.
Using interactive methods to embed learnings across a broad range of digital-related subjects, they focus on delivering the very best learning experience for their clients, which include some of the world’s most recognised brands in Consumer Goods, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Haute Couture, Finance & Advertising.
Each of their 50,000 users, across 157 countries, can attest to the transformative impact of the experience. The team in their UK headquarters in London is currently 70+ members strong, with offices in NYC, Singapore and Sydney as well. They have grand ambitions to continue their current growth trajectory.
To be Successful here:-
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial experienced B2B marketer with a proven track record helping scale a tech/media/education business globally.
They are looking for a safe pair of hands, that can illuminate a path to growth through marketing with a clear and precise plan that is informed through experience.
They are looking for someone who can bridge both the highly technical, data driven skills associated with a modern marketer, with both the creative & strategic skills more associated with brand development, advertising & proposition development.
They are looking for someone who possesses the following attributes:
- Self-starter with ability to scale a business globally.
- Passion for growing a Edtech Business.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Highly energetic personality with good motivation skills and focused on achieving goals.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Collaborative work ethic which drives marketing teams to achieve key objectives.
- Provide a good balance of risk taking and judgement. Be both forthright and confident and able to operate independently.
- Professional with unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Positive can do attitude and be able to adapt quickly.
- Good Bones; a respectful and caring attitude towards employees and colleagues, collaborative and helpful approach.
Our client has the best online marketing education product in the world, evidenced by the companies they work with, what they say about them and by the results they have delivered for them over the course of the last five years.
They now need to take this message and their proposition to the top 250 marketing businesses in the world. Their, focus is likely to be on both the FMCG/CPG and the Retail sectors. They will be companies with large global marketing teams.
- The starting point will be to sense check their external proposition and its ability to content with their target companies and the key stakeholders likely to buy their product in each.
- This role will involve ensuring that all external reflections of their brand accurately, imaginative and effectively reflect the core values and characteristics of its product(s)
As a b2b business, a key part of the role will be about creating campaigns and an approach that delivers “quality” leads to the sales team. This person will be responsible for building this approach. This will involve:
- Creating communication assets that will connect with our target audience
- Helping to seed these messages through multiple channels and building a media plan incorporating paid, owned and earned media assets.
- Sourcing and implementing the technology that enable us to track, retarget customers, remarket to them and measure the impact of our efforts
- This person will also be responsible for selecting and working with a range of external suppliers such as a PR agency, SEO specialists, media owners and content creators
- This means that this person will be responsible for not only creating marketing and media plans to support this region, but also creating a resource in this region.
- They will be required to build the multi-disciplinary internal team that will take the product to a global audience. They will also work with all other divisions of the wider business, including Sales & Account Management, Tech, Content, Product and Finance to ensure that the marketing team are as effective as possible
- This position will be part of the senior management team and so will be involved in all internal management teams and will be asked, when required, to be required to contribute to the main board meetings.
Experience and Skills Required
- The successful candidate will have/have had responsibility of managing the following areas of marketing:
- Proposition development
- Sales and marketing automation
- Content marketing/thought leadership creation
- Strong understanding of on and offline marketing channels
- Lead generation
- They will be able to demonstrate how they have built and managed a global marketing team that is centrally managed from one region.
- They will have excellent management skills, be able to run a team of diverse talent and across multiple markets
- They will enjoy the challenge of working in a relatively small, fast moving business. They will be the type of person that makes things happen.
- They will be part of the senior marketing team, so will be someone who is able to demonstrate a clear vision, have gravitas and humility and be a supportive and engaged member of the team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and drive, with the ability to persuade and inspire.
- Strong copy writing and presentation skills.
- Advanced Knowledge of relevant computer applications and Salesforce/CMS systems
Competencies Include :
Leadership and Communications - Change Leadership/ Team Development/ Delegation / Management Control
Communications - Written / Spoken / Empathy / Listening /
Business Intelligence - Customer Focus and Service Orientation / Business Awareness /Decisiveness
Achievement - Personal Drive/ Energy / Organisation/ Impact/Influence/Initiative
If this role is of interest, please do get in touch with Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd.