At hiyacar we know our cities are full of unused, parked cars. We have to be smarter about cars and transport. We need fewer cars, but used more efficiently. We need a new model of car access over car ownership. We have to rethink how cars work for communities and how to make communities fairer for all. Cars depreciate and lose money; they are liabilities not assets. Sharing cars transforms cars into assets. Sharing cars keeps communities moving. When we share more, everyone wins.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, we’re looking for a full-time Marketing Manager based in our Old Street offices to drive growth and brand salience through paid marketing such as OOH, digital, experiential, radio, print, street PR, sponsorship, events and possibly even TV (yes our plan is to be that big!). We run two types of member growth campaigns; car owners and car drivers and you’ll be working on both. You’ll plan the campaigns, buy media and lead creative - with limited agency support.
We’re growing rapidly and that’s exciting, but hard work and pacey at times. We need you to be up for some hard graft, be able to find creative and speedy solutions and willing to do what it takes to win. You'll need to be super organised and meticulous in your approach, and of course be a star team player.
We’re creating a car sharing revolution, so it’s big and strategic and hairy...and fun, but you need to roll your sleeves up, get stuck in and even sometimes give out flyers yourself! If you’re interested in sexy TV advertising or campaigns with long lead times and lots of agencies to help you then this role isn’t for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Helping our members to achieve their purpose for using hiyacar - for drivers this is to get them a car hiya and for owners is to get their car hiya’d out so they can turn their car from a liability > an asset
- Marketing campaign planning including targeting, budgets, media channels for both owner and driver campaigns
- Innovative media planning and buying (direct with media owners) of all channels including press, OOH, digital, experiential, radio, print, street PR, events, sponsorship etc, particularly local media
- Creative development (with our in-house designer and a little agency support when needed) and copywriting
- Campaign analysis and reporting to figure out the best channels to deliver the lowest cost per member acquisition (car listings and car bookings)
- Work with the Community Growth and Content Manager to integrate campaigns into social and content
- Work with the digital marketing agency/team to integrate campaigns into always on digital marketing e.g. PPC, paid social.
To apply, email your CV and a very brief covering letter including your notice period, salary expectations and up to 50 words on why you want to work for hiyacar. Deadline is December 11th 2018.
For more information, please see the attached Job Description.
Please note we are unable to support visa applications so permission to work in the UK is a must.