Immediately available Project Manager, Account Manager or SAM wanted for Major Music Label!
Immediately available Project Manager, Account Manager or Senior Account Manager wanted for major music label client side!
Start date – Asap (December 2018)
Duration – 3 month contract (until March 2019) with potential to extend
Are you an ambitious and confident account handler or project manager from a creative agency or music industry background looking for a client side contract role at one of the world’s best known record labels. With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, our client is one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than a million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, our client has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. They have two amazing opportunities going within the brand partnerships team working across two distinct areas:
Providing a service to all of the groups record labels and their associated brands and imprints, the Partnerships team create and deliver best-in-class campaigns between brands and artists that bring both benefit to the labels marketing efforts along with crucially contributing to their commercial bottom line.
Additionally, the Partnerships team work to drive content opportunities with brand partners for the company’s original content and innovation studio where there is a focus on creative strategy and content production for brands within and around the world of music.
They are a small pioneering team creating new and liberating ways of working with brands, talent, creatives, platforms and publishers.
Immersed in music, content and culture, the Senior Manager drives excellent client service and account management capabilities, developing a culture of high standards and solid delivery. Leading by example, they inspire the team to meet their own high standards.
The role of a Senior Manager is pivotal, having responsibility for developing and delivering innovative music marketing campaigns for our artists with brands. Here you will lead some of the departments most significant brand and artist relationships and create the conditions and opportunities for the best possible work to be realised.
- You will manage the day-to-day delivery of partnerships building cast iron relationships with both your clients and the company’s artists. You are therefore an exemplary diplomat and adept at managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You will know our artists inside out and be trusted by them and their teams to act transparently and fairly, representing their best interests at all times.
- You will be respected by the client, demonstrating an understanding of their business enabling you to add value to the partnerships that you manage.
- You will simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive projects, working both independently and in close collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You will be a team player with the ability to motivate colleagues and work with different personalities, earning the respect and maintaining strong relationships from existing agency partners and other departments throughout the wider business.
- You will demonstrate a clear understanding of budgets and show proven commercial acumen.
- You will have responsibility for the financial obligations of each project ensuring that invoicing, billing and payments are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will have a detailed understanding of the legal framework surrounding brand partnership agreements. You will work alongside the business development team to help with contract negotiations and deliver bulletproof partnership agreements in conjunction with the Business Affairs teams.
- You will brief effectively to artists and agencies ensuring that quality work can be achieved, on point, on time and on budget and that all stakeholders are clear on their requirements and obligations.
- You will demonstrate proactive solution-based thinking and delivery. Problem solving will be a daily occurrence.
- You will be able to manage workflow effectively, with a firm appreciation for agency and client protocols but with the influence to be able to manage expectations and counsel your clients on music industry practices.
- You will provide on-going mentorship to those around you who require support.
- You will work collaboratively with the business development team on expanding existing opportunities with your clients and developing any new opportunities that you uncover.
- You will support the business development team and leadership team with talent identification and recommendations for partnership briefs when required.
- You will take a leading role in evaluating our partnerships, ensuring we have case studies and driving our capabilities for measuring success.
- You will have a clear understanding of our industry awards landscape and ensure that our strongest campaigns are included.
- You will become a subject matter expert in project delivery and account management and build and drive this capability and skillset within the Partnerships team.
- You will be a voice of authority within our business and become a go to font of knowledge regarding ground-breaking music partnership campaigns that are best in class within the industry.
Who is the ideal candidate?
- You have a growth mindset
- You have a positive and infectious outlook with a strong desire to thrive in our unique culture.
- You have the tenacity to go above and beyond, you challenge mediocrity and produce work that we can all be proud of. You are motivated by good work and have the hunger to succeed.
- You have an in depth understanding of the company, our history, our labels, our artists and our mission and you have the ability to communicate this externally.
- You have a confident manner and are compelling and articulate in client, artist or internal presentations.
- You have the skills required to produce exemplary written materials. MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and Keynote are must haves.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a proactive approach, managing your time effectively under pressure.
- You have a strong passion for music, music culture and entertainment. This isn’t just a job for you.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project/account management from an agency and or music industry background.
- A working knowledge of current trends in behaviour and digital media consumption.
- Experience in some or all of the following: music strategy, talent negotiations, sponsorship delivery, influencer marketing, Rights management/IP knowledge of requisite music content and assets, licensing across master recordings and publishing rights.
Our client is all about their people. One global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people. It is the mission of every member of the team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. They strive to set the company apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of the company's DNA. Consider a career here and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Apply for Immediately available Project Manager, Account Manager or SAM wanted for Major Music Label!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly