UX Designer/ Developer
You will be the sole UX developer/ designer working along side a digital designer to update, re brand and fix the existing sites with the soul objective to increase sales.
Michael Page have teamed up with a great ecom retail company which has a number of subsidiary brands underneath it.
The key responsibilities for the UX Developer are:
- Create concepts, wire frames, and mock-ups on a wide range of devices that lead to intuitive user experiences, in collaboration with the marketing manager and IT team.
- Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behaviour
- Rapid design and testing methodology
- Ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to rest of the team and upper management
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and site maps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness and conversion funnel)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and data
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images of the brand
- Actively immersed in the digital landscape and digital developments, best practices and trends.
The successful UX Developer must be happy to commute to Hendon and have the following:
- Expert knowledge of modern design tools
- Expertise with designing and conducting usability tests and analysing testing results
- Expertise with user experience techniques such as journey mapping, story boarding, and personas
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wire frame tools
- Skilled in modern application programming languages, such as Java, .Net, AJAX, PHP, XHTM
- Use Adobe Creative Suite programs or similar e.g, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, In Design
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
On offer for the UX Developer is up to £60k and the potential to make a massive difference on a number of sites.