Sen Sales Manager - Radio to £50k plus com/bonus
SENIOR SALES MANAGER – RADIO – TO 50K BASIC PLUS BONUS.
My client is an established media owner and agency offering cross-cultural communications, with more than 20 year’s experience in this field and an extensive network of media platforms, throughout Europe and China.
The UK division, based in central London, operates a TV, radio and online business and is looking for a self-motivated and experienced sales executive to set up and run its sales, both in the UK and in China. This role will report directly to the CEO and develop the processes and operations to drive revenue across, all the platforms.
Main function of the job
- You’ll be primarily responsible for delivering a yearly revenue target. This will be achieved by pitching to clients and brands directly with advertising solutions including Airtime, Content Solutions, Display and Digital. Your potential client base comes from London companies who can understand the benefits of the connection between the UK and China
- You will be required to drive new business continuously through proactivity, it’s important that you build relationships working with clients to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process and account management is delivered from start to finish.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Maximising revenue and yield from agencies and from direct sales
- Develop extensive contacts at all levels with clients
- To win new business, maximise existing business and sell the benefits of all the portfolio, through extensive telephone calls on a daily basis
- To complete an average minimum of 5 client-facing meetings per week
- Responding to agency airtime enquiries and briefs promptly and providing the highest level of customer service, as well as upselling airtime and digital solutions
- Maintaining records of airtime/digital schedules and ensuring repeat business is increased wherever possible
- Respond to all incoming enquiries and emails and create effective sales proposals
- Core Competencies and experience
- The ability to prioritise a demanding work load in a busy trading environment
- Experience of account management and presenting to a team of people
- An effective negotiator at all levels
- Creativity to think of different selling angles
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to think on your feet in meetings
- Demonstrable skills in selling media opportunities, and a strong understanding of the media market
- A deep understanding of the UK media market especially radio are essential.
- Must be organised with an acute attention to detail
Qualifications / Education Required
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English.
Any Specific Skill / Aptitude Required
3+ years media and sales experience, having extensively worked with media agencies
Excellent telephone manner and face to face sales experience, as well as all-round communication skills
Organised, personable with a can-do attitude.
Proactive and ambitious attitude with a willingness to drive the day to day selling.
Interested in China and the media industry as a whole
A track record of building strong agency relations, as well as direct selling and closing deals