SENIOR CONFERENCE PRODUCER - upto £40K
Our client is a dynamic digital media and events business covering two different brands within the transport industry.
They've got big plans for rapid growth and expansion, so you’ll get a lot of responsibility very quickly and an opportunity to rapidly build a career within media and events. You will get a lot of support but there will be pressure to learn fast, take responsibility and ownership and to deliver to a high standard from day one. They have a relatively young, friendly and collaborative team here. The working environment is relaxed but they are all serious about achieving the aims of the business, building a great business and delivering for their customers.
As a senior conference producer the successful candidate will be responsible for producing conferences by:
- Researching relevant content, speakers, and organisations.
- Putting together event specific advisory board meetings.
- Conducting in-depth research calls with senior industry executives.
- Identifying cutting edge, technical content.
- Write detailed, commercially successful agendas which reflect industry trends.
- Securing a mix of senior level and technical / niche speakers.
- Securing relevant association support and media partners.
- Build event audience by inviting VIPs to come for free.
- Preparing marketing copy including prospectuses, brochures, emails, and post-show reports.
- Updating sales briefs and briefing the team on the companies products – championing the events internally and inspiring others in the team.
- Hitting all deadlines to ensure ample lead-time.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams.
- Hitting targets and delivering on the commercial aims of the conference.
- A graduate with a minimum 2:1 grade in a credible subject from a good university. Humanities subjects are preferred.
- 1-2+ years experience in conference production.
- Excellent research skills with a commercial mind-set. An enquiring mind and the ability to get excited about niche subjects is key.
- A strong, confident phone manner and be prepared to spend a minimum of 5 hours per week on the phone researching and securing speakers.
- This role will also include certain amount of face-to-face contact with senior industry figures and clients, so the candidate must be mature, professional and confident in dealing with clients face to face.
- 100% fluent in spoken and written English. They need someone with an excellent and demonstrable standard of written communication with the ability to write high-level commercial copy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on many different projects, whilst remaining highly-organised and delivering on deadlines.
- Confidence in using social media tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Knowledge of additional languages is a bonus.
- Management experience
In short, they are looking for a highly determined, ambitious, intelligent and diligent individual, someone with outstanding attention to detail, enthusiastic, with a professional manner who is proactive and self-motivated. As they are a small team, every team member has a big impact so the new hire needs to be a team player, with the ability to communicate effectively with their colleagues.
They are a dynamic, young and close-knit team of 8 employees with very high standards. They will demand a great deal of the candidate in return for providing an opportunity to excel in the market leading rail and metro conference business where hard work and innovation are rewarded both professionally and financially. It’s also a fairly flat structure so you’d be thrown right into a series of projects where your voice would be heard and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference from day one.
For more information on this role, please get in touch with Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd.