Sponsorship Director, Campaign Live Events
Campaign is the leading global brand for the advertising industry.
As the Sponsorship Director for Campaign’s live events portfolio, you will lead the commercial expansion of all Awards and Conferences including our award winning Campaign Underground event, Media 360, Digital Media Strategies, plus our 7 brand led award schemes.
You will also have shared strategic responsibility for these events, working to ensure that they are on brand, and seen as direct extensions of the main Campaign brand.
You will be a brand representative at all relevant meetings concerning these events, working with our internal events teams, to ensure their commercial success and working to develop external client partnerships.
This role is strategically important to the future development of the brand, which has identified Live as one of our key growth opportunities over the next five years.
While there is no direct people-management within the role, you will work closely with the Campaign commercial team to maximise revenue and growth and be expected to grow contribution from the core commercial team to these revenue lines.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth within our live portfolio
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Input into the building of content for conference programmes
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Research new conference ideas either yourself or through others
- Be a brand ambassador for all internal meetings concerning Campaign’s events
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Your business generation will be through excellent relationship management as well as strong business acumen. Managing your own client base you will carve new relationships as well as build on existing ones.
Keys skills areas
- Proven ability to manage commercial relationships and build revenue growth
- High level ability to sell complex partnership concepts
- Sales planning, reporting and forecasting
- Organisation and time management excellence
- New business development
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Ideas generator and researcher
- Business minded
- Results driven
- Experience selling events based partnerships / delivering commercial executions within a live portfolio
- Proven track record in selling to large organisations at CEO/ MD level.
- Working with editorial teams / events teams to develop new products to market
- Knowledge of the marcoms industry is extremely useful but not vital