Head of Content (Maternity Cover)
Maternity Cover - March 2018-March 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Head of Content co. will lead a creative content department/hub providing the video and visual media content for Comic Relief. Heading up a change strategy refreshing the video content language, tone, and purpose.
- Create video and visual media that is innovative and culturally relevant to fit with the new brand direction of Comic Relief.
- Originate and develop video content in line with the current key objectives of Comic Relief, Sport Relief or Red Nose Day campaigns or brand requirements.
- Ensure Content Co produces a range of short form films or video content for the BBC Night of TV Event and digital media, and in conjunction with the Executive Director of Digital and Innovation, for Comic Relief’s year round media strategy.
- Review and respond to Audience insights with new content approaches.
- Responsible for the Content Co department budget. Ensure ideas can be executed with in the available budget and within the agreed schedules.
- Employ new working methods that are creatively innovative and cost effective.
- Ensure line reports collect all rights and permissions in writing and compliant with OfCom broadcast regulations, and any other pertinent contract or brief requirements.
- Build relationships with important Celebrity Talent to gain the most impact from their involvement in a film.
- Build a relationship with the Impact and Investments team to understand Comic Reliefs impact: lives changed or areas that need representing.
- Ensure the teams producing short films in UK and Africa follow all Health and Safety, Risk Assessment/ Management advice and regulation (especially in African locations.) That budget is provided for H&S.
- Lead and manage the content Team, setting clear performance objectives and KPIs.
Essential Education and Competencies:
- Must have held a senior Content Producer post for at least 2 years, demonstrating innovative and fresh approach to video content making.
- Must have clear understanding of multi-platform approach and working methods.
- Experience and confidence to pitch ideas to internal and external clients, partners, investors, BBC.
- Understands marketing, audience and insights and is able to write well.
- Significant experience in effectively leading and managing high performing departments.
- Significant budget management, schedule and delivery decision making essential.
- Leadership – As Head of Content co. within the organisation this role will be looked to for thought leadership, inspiration and practical delivery.
- Confident, creative, self-starter who is able to understand the Comic Relief Brand.
To apply please visit our website via the link