Lead clients — and their teams — to greatness.
This role sits at the heart of everything we do. As Account Director, your charge is to take our clients’ complex problems, break them down into solvable pieces, and match-make them with BSD’s teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their needs, worries and hopes translating them into briefs that inspire our our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organisations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome.
- Drive daily leadership across your accounts ensuring you have a clear view of your clients objectives, have set and are continuing to drive the best delivery to meet their needs and are being agile and responsive in changing tasks as required evolving activity seamlessly from planning to execution and reporting successes
- Lead commerciality of your immediate projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered whilst considering what the right next step and partnership together could look like
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs managing the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams - facilitating and leading smart conversations
- Have a clear view on our vision here at BSD London working closely with new and existing organisations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in technology and digital organising - inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with clients
Our London team is a passionate group of people who are both thinkers and doers. With a nimble approach, we accelerate how our clients use digital to engage their audiences. We bring a people-first, data-driven mindset to all of our work. Ultimately, we’re about real impact for real people - we act as collaborator with brands, nonprofits and political organisations to drive progress.
The top things we're looking for
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns and/or advocacy projects designed to mobilise communities or drive behaviour change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and willingness to muck in required
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at BSD
- A desire to work somewhere dedicated to achieving progress helping important organisations article their position or raise funding
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
Blue State Digital transforms how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to Mayor of London, from Tate Modern to Lloyds Banking Group, Blue State Digital helps mobilise communities, develop organisation-shaping strategies & deliver data-driven impactful campaigns. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.