Account Director - brand and communications agency
This brand and creative communications agency based near Borough Market doesn’t believe in design just for the sake of it and is skilful at cutting through the jargon to deliver original ideas that work in the real world.
As one of the key strategic partners of a global energy brand, they’re looking for an Account Director to oversee, drive, direct and grow the account across multiple channels. Reporting into the Managing Director and working in a highly collaborative manner, you will aim to become an extension of the client’s internal marketing function and be motivated by getting under the skin of their brand narrative, understanding their business, their challenges and their industry.
They are looking for an Account Director who has experience in leading a large account (worth over £900k+ per year) and can hold themselves well with clients and colleagues at all levels, commanding the respect of those at a senior level and offering day-to-day guidance for more junior members of the team – both in client service and creative. Client development is a key part of the role, spotting opportunities and making the most of your time spent on-site with the client (ideally 2-3 days/week) to develop new contacts. You will also be expected to be experienced in writing proposals and running pitches.
- You are personable, engaging, able to adapt to changing situations and meet challenges with good humour and an open mind.
- You have solid business acumen.
- You have the ability to strategically lead and advise a global brand, as well as execute (so being “hands-on”).
- You are a confident and proactive client developer, guiding and working in partnership with clients to meet and exceed their marketing ambitions.
- You are a highly motivated, flexible and well-organised problem solver.
SKILLSETS / EXPERIENCE
- Comms strategy and campaigns
- Digital – websites, e-comms, advertising, apps
- Social media