Design Director - Brand and packaging
Design Director- fantastic agency- Bristol- brand and FMCG packaging
The overall purpose of the Design Director is to support the CD in leading and inspiring the team, upholding the creative vision and reputation of the agency. As Design Director you will be second in command – deputising for the CD, leading projects, building relationships, armed with a deep understanding of your clients’ businesses and brands. You will mentor and support the development of your team, nurturing, inspiring and pushing them to be the best they can be and achieve their creative potential. You will report directly to an CD who will regularly mentor and coach you to improve the quality of your output and thinking.
Are are currently a Design Director or Senior Designer ready to step up. Experience in branding and FMCG packaging is must.
Responsibilities and skills
- You will have a great planning & organisation skills: well organised on day-to-day basis, act independently and able to organise and plan your own time and activities
- Great communication skills in both written & oral
- Able to plan projects and lead teams to deliver creative of the highest quality across multiple projects.
- Confident in your decisions and the ability to sell them in a compelling way.
- As well as supporting a CD on their projects, you will be responsible for leading projects across multiple clients, and must ensure that the work produced on those accounts is executed to the highest standard
- You will lead your project team to ensure they develop the highest quality, fearlessly creative and innovative solutions and always strive for better.
- You will be a team motivator
- Injecting fresh thinking into the concept or pushing the quality of the output, to always deliver the highest standards for the client.
- Confidently calling for a change of direction or further exploration if required to make the work better.
- Always projecting your credibility and expertise, particularly when presenting design concepts to clients or giving your team feedback.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the work by using specialist resources and skills and ensuring the wider project team are also pushing fearlessly creative thinking and execution.
- Arranging regular catch-ups with the CD to seek their advice and creative counsel and keep them up to speed.
- Responsibility to keep up-to-date with all aspects of the projects you are leading. This will allow you to plan project approaches, input on cost proposals and agree which projects require additional support from the CD.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, taking into account your team’s abilities and the resources available, delegating work appropriately to ensure you meet client deadlines and budgets.
- Liaising with the Strategy and CS leads to ensure the brief is accurate, your team is armed with all the facts, and you have appropriate resource to deliver creatively brilliant and commercially effective work against client objectives.
- Delivering feedback to your team constructively and in a timely manner to keep them motivated
- Nurturing your junior team members and helping them develop key skills and attributes necessary for progression.
Apply for Design Director - Brand and packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly