Wedding & Events Manager
Wedding & Events Manager – £19,000 to £21,000 (depending on experience) – Sheffield
The Leopold Hotel Sheffield are looking for a Wedding & Events Manager to bring a creative outlook to the existing standards with a view to improving service delivery and ultimately customer care. You will be working with the Sales & Marketing Manager and ensuring the growth of the Wedding & Events business, as well as adherence to company policy and best practices.
The successful candidate will be working within a fantastic Boutique Hotel that offers 4* standards. You should be efficient in organising and handling requests, but also adept at networking, working to increase awareness and business for the Leopold Hotel. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to challenge themselves in an exciting role within events management and hospitality.
The key responsibilities of a Wedding & Events Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Food & Beverage team and ensuring smooth running and execution of all weddings and Events at the Hotel
- Working within the sales team to follow up on leads and secure new group business within the Hotel, and networking to increase awareness of the Leopold Hotel Sheffield through social media and other formats
- Maintaining communication with the senior team with weekly updates on status and development of the business
- Being present at the monthly management meeting
- Attending and Co-ordinate Wedding Fayres
- Chasing payments, issuing pro-forma invoices and work closely with preferred suppliers
- Delivering accurate function sheets to the Team when required
Leopold Hotels are boutique 3* and 4* properties, targeting the discerning traveller who is looking for a more personal experience. With hotels in Sheffield, England and Antwerp and Oudenaarde in Belgium, we are growing our portfolio of properties to give you a choice of premium accommodation across Europe.
Our guests appreciate our service style, which is slick and professional. We create a more personal experience for our guests through a welcoming service style and memorable interactions with our team. We are friendly, but not over-familiar, stylish, yet not pretentious. Leopold Hotels staff carry the perfect blend of friendliness and professionalism to make your stay a welcoming one.
Kindly note that we are independently owned/operated and are not associated with LEOPOLD HOTEL BRUSSELS EU.
The key skills and qualities of a Wedding & Events Manager:
- Must have previous experience in a similar role; candidates will be expected to demonstrate previous skills gained from working in this environment
- Must be a team player and have a passion for hospitality, being enthusiastic and positive in their nature
- Must have excellent communication skills, including having an excellent telephone manner
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.