Lead Creative Artworker
Our client is a leading high street fashion retailer looking for a Lead Retail Creative Artworker on an initial 12 month Maternity contract.
You will be the lead retail Creative Artworker/Designer as part of the Creative Projects Team that focuses on graphic design for their retail environments. You will have two direct reports and work closely with the Creative Director, the Visual Merchandising Team (VM) and Visual Director to help support with the role out of their retail graphics.
- Maintaining consistency and developing the visual language across in store and window printed materials
- Creating all artwork for in-store environment, with the support of the team
- Working independently on projects as well as managing the flow of projects efficiently within the team
- Focusing on every printed aspect of graphic design within their retail environment including: new store opening materials; UK and Global, in-store graphics, POS and Sale graphic packages, seasonal store campaign updates throughout the year and printed window schemes
- Translating a design and art working it into various sizes and formats for bespoke shop fits plus creating visuals to show how these should look in situ
- Working closely with the marketing, digital teams and the creative projects manager to ensure consistency across the brand
- Managing the team workload is a big part of this role along with delegating and supporting junior team members
- Overseeing the retail side of the Creative Projects team, adhering to project timelines
- Liaising with our VM team on weekly workload, taking projects from brief to artwork
- Demonstrating innovative ideas, which support business growth
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to manage results through effective team and individual performance, setting clear goals and managing accountability. Recognises and encourages outstanding performance and manages poor performance effectively
- Managing and supporting freelancer designers during busy periods
What you'll bring to the role:
- Passion for fashion/retail brands and strong customer knowledge
- Excellent art working skills & attention to detail. A creative eye, a passion for graphic design and are highly organized
- A passion for typography
- Previous established experience within a similar graphic design retail role
- Ability to shift focus to business priorities as needed and excited by change
- Experience in setting clear departmental targets and goals
- Excellent Mac CC skills
- Excellent artworking skills
- Good repro, production and print knowledge
- Team player with excellent communication skills - ability to liaise at all levels
- Highly organised, self-motivated, competent and can use own initiative
- Good leadership skills, managing and nurturing a team
- Fashion experience - a plus but not essential
- Proven Graphic Design experience
Please send CV and portfolio stating salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.