Account Manager - PRWeek
As the Account Manager for PRWeek you will be responsible for the creation and management of long-term commercial partnerships with suppliers and PR agencies in the UK and other territories.
Since its launch over 30 years ago PRWeek (PRW) has firmly positioned itself as the leading brand serving the UK PR/communications industry. Its ambition is to be the information and insight medium of choice for key decision makers in this industry, providing content and interaction opportunities that are distinct and valued more highly than competitors.
PRWeek is part of Haymarket Media Group the largest independently media owner in the UK, Haymarket have offices all over the world with PRW being represented in UK, USA and Asia.
Based in our Twickenham HQ the Account Manager will report directly to the Sales Director PRW.
The Account Manager will have their own client base and will also work closely with the wider PRW team to identify new business opportunities.
Territories will include the UK, Europe and the Middle East, the Account Manager will be expected to generate revenue through calls and face to face meetings, attend industry events and create long term relationships for the PRW brand.
Summary of role:
- You are responsible for the creation and management of long-term commercial partnerships with suppliers and PR agencies in the UK and other territories. Your primary aim is to maximise revenue growth from the client portfolio under your control for the PRW network, through exemplary account management and new business development.
- Selling a mixture of traditional and branded content packages across digital, print and live mediums for both PRW, you will be adept at presenting PRWeek’s capabilities and identifying the right solution for your clients’ needs, building long-term trust.
- You will work to clear and transparent team and personal sales targets and your performance will be measured against these.
- You will project manage certain live events, driving team sales against target and ensuring all members of the team are armed with the correct sales collateral and knowledge.
- You will be a commercial ambassador for the PRW brand, attending industry events as and when required
- You will also be expected to build strong relationships with other key stakeholders within the wider PRW and Haymarket network.
Key Skills Required:
- This role requires a mature, innovative and creative commercial approach, with exceptional business development and relationship management skills.
- you will be confident in communicating with board-level decision makers and demonstrate authoritative and persuasive top-level verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- You will be adept at New Business Development as well as Account Management
- You will need to be a creative thinking and be able to develop the products to meet the needs of both client groups and will always be searching for new ways of helping clients achieve their business objectives.
- You will be an exemplary time manager, juggling time with clients with proposal writing, sales admin and internal meetings when required.
- You will be adept at managing and building your own personal sales pipeline and making personal sales forecasts when required by your Sales Director.
- Maximising revenues from your existing client base across digital, live and print media for PRW
- Developing new business for the brand across digital, live and print from new clients within the sectors you manage
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team, building strong internal relationships with all key stakeholders
- Presenting complex commercial partnership opportunities to clients, primarily through face-to-face meetings
- Project managing the commercial operation of specific conferences / awards/ forums as and when required
- Creating well-presented and well-written sales proposals.
- Keeping up to date with all PRW audience stats.
- Keeping abreast of all relevant industry trends and news and sharing this with the other members of the team
- Identifying potential new commercial opportunities for the brand.
- Ensuring all client records and bookings are kept up to date and accurate on Salesforce
- Ensuring your personal sales pipeline is well managed and up to date at all times
- Ensuring your sales pledges for the brand are as accurate as possible.
- Managing business expense claims in a timely fashion