Business Development Manager- Events Sponsorship
Business Development Manager needed for the largest global event dedicated to brand marketers.
Our client is a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. They are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance.
The BDM will focus on developing and maintaining a portfolio of client led partnerships with the aim of selling sponsorship and speaker opportunities across the event.
You will be required to:
1. Maximize revenues from existing, new and lapsed clients
2. Identify and source new business opportunities
3. Establish, maintain and improve relationships with existing, new and lapsed clients and internal departments
• Demonstrate sufficient effective output to cover your client base (arranging meetings, account managing, working to get new business etc.) – to equate to a pre-determined number of positive conversations each week/month/quarter as agreed with your direct line manager.
• Put a strategy in place to ensure effective coverage of your sectors. You will identify all the major accounts, and know where, why and how they market themselves. You are expected to deliver a high standard of key account management at all times.
• Strive for new and innovative ways to gain money and share, and have a creative & problem solving approach to your work.
• Compile a fantastic, impactful, dynamic and engaging presentation/s for meetings. You will keep this up to date, and develop this over time. You will possibly need to tweak these for each sector, which can be easily amended and adapted for each client.
• Demonstrate the ability to build rapport with senior industry contacts; adept at networking and socialize productively; and able to relate to others at all levels both internally and externally
• Build relationships with key customers at all levels, understand their needs and build solutions that meet with their business goals.
• Attend industry events as and when relevant – these may be in the day or in the evening.
• Represent the brand at all times, and have strong product knowledge. You will have sensible, knowledgeable and industry-based conversations with your clients, and also gain an insight into the industry from your clients.
• Work closely with all relevant editorial, research, marketing and commercial teams, sharing contact information with all relevant parties to build both knowledge and skill sets
Behaviours and Knowledge:
• Strong work ethic with a positive outlook and high standards
• Ability to keep a consistently high level of sales output
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• Lead by example and set high standards for the rest of the team. You will thrive on ‘leading from the front’, and will see this as an important part of your role.
• You will be professional at all times (i.e. behavior, appearance etc.) and understand this reflects how you represent your team and company.
• You will be tenacious and driven, and will always be striving for ways to get in front of clients to pitch our products.
In order to achieve your commission targets and lead successful projects you are expected to adhere to a number of KPI’s.
• Revenue generating; each salesperson will be set targets based on their client splits and projects
• Client meetings; we encourage sales people to be out on meetings as often as possible
• Client servicing/management; maintaining and building new relationships
• Calls; more calls and less emails, particularly with new clients
• Sales reporting; Salesforce is to be kept current and up to date with key decision makers and influencers of client base.
• New business generation; every sales person is responsible for generating new leads
• Contract renewals; making sure we are increasing the levels of year-on-year renewals
• Develop new revenue to target from the defined target client list annually
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.