Corporate Communications Consultant
Our client is a corporate communications agency with over 100 employees across two offices. Their clients are FTSE 100/Fortune 500 and companies in the financial and professional services sectors. They have sector expertise, and a full service approach (print, film, digital, social). Their business specialises in the joining up of corporate messaging across branding, reporting, employee and stakeholder communications.
About the role
We want our clients to trust us with important work and see agencies consultants as a source of insight, ideas and advice.
Client work: Contribute, as consultant, to selected client projects and accounts.
- Developing and demonstrating a deep understanding of clients, their agendas, the markets in which they operate, and the communications challenges and opportunities they face
- Producing high quality written outputs that consistently exceed client expectations. This may include contributing to the delivery of narrative, proposition and messaging projects, writing editorial copy, speeches and scripts, and providing communications advice. Our work must always demonstrate strong storytelling skills, be clear, accurate and written in the appropriate tone of voice. It must also be grounded in thorough research, with scrupulous attention to detail. Strong research and analysis skills are therefore an important element of the role
- Actively proposing new ideas to clients. Turning their commercial issues and challenges into effective business propositions and seeking opportunities to sell in the wider agency offer. Growing the revenue and profits we generate from the clients you work on
- As your skills develop, opportunities to work on a wider range of projects may emerge – this may include providing support in coaching sessions
- Seeking opportunities to sell in the wider agency offer
Finance and budgeting:
- Generate or contribute to project budgets, working with colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately priced
- Manage projects efficiently and profitably – drawing on support from the project management team where appropriate
- Keep agencies CRM and project management system up to date with your client contact data, opportunities and project information.
- Submit accurate timesheets in a timely manner
- Build a productive relationship with the finance department to ensure profit margins are maximised and the administration of client accounts is flawless
Support, and sometimes lead, new business development activity. This will include:
- Attending new business meetings with prospective clients
- Writing proposals
- Contributing to proposals lead by others
- Attending – and sometimes leading – new business pitches
- Contribute to our thinking on how we can raise the agencies profile and ensure we are front of mind with target clients
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times
Measures of success:
- Deliver high quality, profitable work and repeat-seeking experiences to clients
- Grow revenues and profits of the clients you work on
- Generate forward-thinking client development plans for priority clients
- Help the agency remain front of mind with existing and high-priority target clients. This means being on the “invitation to pitch” list more often and winning a higher percentage of RFPs