This is a strategic corporate brand consultancy with offices in London and New York. Their client list includes some of the world’s leading enterprises, and engagements typically begin in the C-suite. The team provide brand-focused counsel, creative ideas and strategic solutions to help clients achieve their business goals.
The consultancy has an enviable reputation for doing exceptional work. As part of their business strategy, they’re looking for top talent to help their growing list of clients understand what it is their customers, employees and stakeholders value most – and then help them to communicate and deliver that value. This is a rare opportunity to be an appreciated part of an open, dynamic and global team that consistently challenges branding convention.
You are sincerely passionate about the art of corporate branding and want to help leaders to build brands that transform businesses and engage employees, customers and investors. You are uncomfortable presenting work based on hunches or only delivering what the client thinks they want. You know that great and actionable corporate brands rely upon someone to find real insights, inspiring facts and motivating meaning. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and hunt out the hidden connections that bring both magic and reason to deliver the impact that a brand needs.
You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and are self-motivated. You know that branding requires collaboration, confidence and honesty. In addition to these traits, you have passion, dynamic, ambition, empathy and drive to work with a global team as part of an unique and independent consultancy.
You are a great communicator but an even better listener and thinker. Any languages are appreciated, but great written and spoken English is essential.
Strategic Director – The Role
- Understanding the new corporate branding environment
- Assisting with conceptualising, developing and presenting proposals
- Developing and analysing brand research
- Play an active role in brand discovery and audits, gathering relevant information that will allow you to shape insights and make informed and actionable recommendations for clients
- Participate in workshops, interviews, planning and rollout meetings
- Assist with the development of brand strategies and input into the creative work
- Mentor junior members of the team
Strategic Director – Key Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining trust-based client relationships grounded in advice, guidance and uncommon insight
- Client engagement: participating as a member of a larger strategy team in managing client relationships
- Develop strategic deliverables - shaping or interpreting qual and quant research, managing external quantitative research partners where needed, developing strategic recommendations (e.g. overarching brand strategy, positioning statements, mission / vision statements, architecture, messaging platforms, creative drivers, etc.), developing client decks capturing strategic recommendations, presenting to clients, facilitating client workshops, and providing advice and guidance to clients for duration of relationship
- Partner directly with clients to define and execute against strategic goals and deliverables
- Work with the team to translate strategy into creative elements spanning visual identity, narrative, positioning, employee engagement, and investor relations
- As needed, recommend external specialists to bring onto project teams in a consulting capacity to meet project needs (e.g. digital content SME)
- Proactively identify areas of need for client accounts and work with the Executive Director of Strategy to expand accounts when appropriate
- Manage any direct reports and support / mentor team members whether direct reports or not.
- Support and participate in business development activities (research, pitches, thought pieces, speaking events etc.)
- Travel, domestic and international (as required) for client engagements
Strategic Director - Experience and Attributes
- Experienced in using organisational, consumer, competitive and market data to ensure informed strategic thinking
- Clear on the difference between product branding and corporate branding
- Appreciative of the importance of delivering an exceptional experience at every touchpoint, every time
- A team player who shares knowledge, contributes ideas, and possesses a positive attitude
- Personable and approachable – comfortable engaging with C-level executives
- Someone who can translate strategy into action
- Proactive, achievement-oriented and able to make well-informed decisions
- Curious, always enquiring and with a passionate attitude
- Someone who wants to grow with an ambitious company
Strategic Director - Desired Experience
- A university degree or equivalent
- At least 7 years+ of applicable brand experience, both agency-side and client-side experience are valued but some agency experience is ideal
- Skills in key aspects of corporate branding such as: brand analysis and audit, insight and positioning, brand architecture and migration, brand framework development, employee engagement, naming, brand management and implementation rollout.
- Strong business acumen required, as well as solid qualitative research and writing skills.
- Strong project management skills – potentially with experience of online PM tools
- Trustworthiness, honesty, accountability, ethics, and integrity
- Proficiency in MS office, especially Word and PowerPoint