Junior Business Development Manager
We have an amazing opportunity for dedicated ‘Junior Business Development Manager’. My client, an award winning marketing agency have created a flexible, fun and collaborative environment where you will be given the platform to develop your digital skills and advance your career. In order to succeed you should be working within and have experience in selling digital marketing / SEO & PPC projects, working in an agency environment.
You will be working closely with the Senior Business Development Manager and Account Managers, supporting and identifying relationships with small and mid-size clients. Within the position, you will oversee business development initiatives and guide them from opportunity phase through to contract negotiations/closing. You’ll also create winning materials and proposals in order to build and nurture relationships with current and prospective clients.
You will have the autonomy to work remotely, from client site, or in the main office, encouraged to engage and challenged to deliver. You must be able to demonstrate your digital knowledge and ability to ensure delivery of ROI based Search Marketing and Ad Management services weekly on medium to large accounts.
What Will You Do
As a Junior Business Development Manager your role will encompass a full 360 sales approach. Your key tasks will include:
- Developing new business opportunities through call targets and social media networking.
- Tracking your leads through CRM
- Follow up on our own enquiries generated via content marketing and search marketing
- Pursuing leads to generate new Enterprise
- Annual revenue target will differ for each BDM depending on experience
- Closing business and managing after-sales process
- billing pro-rata and obtaining client brief – Working closely with technical team to setup the campaign – Managing client expectations and providing monthly analytical reporting
- Managing client billing and keeping on top of payments
- On-going client management to win upsell business / cross-channel business and new business referrals
- Reaching your monthly sales targets (discussed at interview stage)
- Maintaining the companies high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Keeping abreast of the latest online trends and strategies and communicating these to potential clients with a view to converting them into paid clients
- Identify and close new opportunities including upsells, cross sells and everything in between
- Establish and develop winning strategies for new and key prospects
- Manage and nurture relationships
- Forecast and report on sales activity and revenue to Senior Management
- Assist with tenders and RFIs that may lead to new business.
- Maintain internal systems, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with the latest sales activity.
More About You
You will come with a at least 1years experience in an agency environment working with and small to mid-sized clients and brands. You can produce successful strategies and materials, with strong written and verbal communication skills, allowing for active management of relationships with prospects, from initial contact right through to close via a consultative process, using discovered costs client side to build a compelling business case for our agency services.
- 1year’s experience or more selling SEO & PPC in an agency setting (digital marketing essential)
- At least 6 months experience in B2B sales or consultancy, ideally in the digital market.
- Expert knowledge of online marketing and an understanding of PPC, Social & SEO
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities, problem solving and creative thinking, using a consultative process to engage a client in a discovery process, and use that data to build an existing then future state project / proposal.
- Ability to work independently and towards your own goals
- Ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Ability to communicate a specialist subject clearly to potential clients
- Ability to challenge process and able to innovate
- Strong client relationship building – Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to learn quickly
- Be financially motivated
- Be results driven
- Be passionate to succeed
- Possess the desire to learn new skills
- Will have personal goals you’re working towards
- Have the willingness to ask for help when needed
- Be hungry for personal development and success
- Have the ability to grow into a motivated energetic team
- Have complete ownership and accountability of your own work
Your progression is in your hands and you will progress if you are willing to. As a start-up, there are endless progressive roles within the business but you must be willing to work for them.
What we offer
My client thrives on making a working environment fair and enjoyable.
- Office closure during Christmas period.
- Commission plan
- Relaxed office dress code (agency culture)
- Team events
- Scope for progression and promotion
- Great learning and mentoring opportunities
- An opportunity to directly shape our business
- The opportunity to work for an exciting Digital Marketing Agency
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience