Exhibition Sales Manager
As Exhibition Sales Manager you will be responsible for managing the shows daily sales performance and sales team. Assisting the Event Director and Show Manager to ensure sales strategies are created and followed.
• Work with the Event Director and Show Manager to ensure the financial success of the event by introducing sales activities as and when the need arises to hit and exceed show target.
• Manage and motivate junior staff ensuring the companies standards or performance are met.
• Train and support junior staff where necessary.
• Ensure personal and junior sales team member’s targets are exceeded.
• With the Event Director and Show Manager, liaise with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post event responsibilities.
• Support company senior management team with the smooth running of the company as and when required.
• Manage day to day sales on the show and where appropriate junior sales staff
• Lead by example – Responsible for delivering personal sales targets across the event as well as responsible for junior sales staff hitting their personal target
• To proactively deliver the show strategy across new and existing business
• Deliver the campaign strategy as set out by the Event Director and Show Manager delivering the show over target including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship revenues
• Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
• Support junior sales staff in developing new revenues streams and creative and complex sales such as sponsorship
• Visit and canvas at competitor and industry events and develop a systematic understanding of and monitoring of competitors
• With the Event Director and Show Manager run and manage the rebook process and rebook team
• Role play the junior sales team regularly and share areas for enhanced sales performance and best practice
• Manage the prospect database to ensure it is constantly updated and is fit for purpose falling in line with the companies CRM policy.
• Ensure a constant high quality of delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
• Execute the Event Director and teams strategy and objectives outlined in the event’s business plan
• Execute the event’s brand strategy, ensuring the event maintains and increases its relevance to its market/s, and it meets visitor and exhibitor expectations.
• Ensure you are regularly out and meeting customers, prospects and event partners. At least one day every fortnight you should be out meeting customers and prospects.
• Ensure that the exhibitor marketing strategy is delivered, monitored and analysed
• Manage the event floor plan
• Identify, implement and manage profitable show features
• Monitor and report competitor activity, taking actions where necessary
• To get close to your market, understand its trends and develop your event around it
• Maintain an accurate stand and sponsorship ledger
• Regularly reconcile sales ledger, accounting ledgers and CRM sales logs
• Provide a monthly report and forecast on show revenues, contribution, manpower and actions that are being taken for the shows to achieve budget
• Day to day management of the sales team especially ensuring the team is fully briefed and equipped at the start of each power hour
• Set clear goals and objectives for all reporting staff
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets (with the aid of CRM applications)
• Complete (alongside Event Director and Show Manager) annual and mid-term staff appraisals as necessary
• Assess, develop and coach all reporting staff (including identifying bespoke training needs of individuals where necessary)
• Motivate the team
• Coach and develop the team in all aspects of their roles, creating transition map to expanded roles and promotion where appropriate
• Work with the operations team to execute the operations strategy that meets/comes in under budget while ensuring high levels of exhibitor and delegate experiences and production values are maintained
• Work with the marketing team to help deliver the event marketing strategy which meets overall visitor numbers (with the right demographics), feature content, visitor and acquisition costs
• Personally manage selected key industry partnerships in conjunction with the Event Director and Show Manager
• With the Event Director and Show Manager develop an exhibitor campaign strategy including vertical and horizontal activity
• Foster positive and professional relationships with key suppliers, associations, media and commercial partners