Senior Marketing & Communications Manager (Trade & Growth - B2B)
London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth. It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
You will develop and execute marketing and communication plans for Trade & Growth Directorate at London & Partners. This will include activations for the Mayor’s International Business Programme, focused on supporting London businesses to internationalise and for the Business Growth Programme, focused on supporting London businesses to grow within London. You will promote the programmes on an ongoing basis to attract new participants, showcase London’s high growth companies internationally and showcase their business growth success.
You will work in a fast paced and upbeat environment, and work across channels including events, digital, social media and print.
- Experience delivering integrated B2B marketing and communication campaigns across multiple audiences, markets, channels and media with demonstrable results
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Customer first and data led, using audience data to inform activity and achieve goals
- Experience working in an agile marketing environment and as part of project teams
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performing direct reports
- Experience managing external creative and media agencies
- Budget management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- International experience within L&P markets (France, Germany, US, India & China)
- Partnership marketing and / or sales experience
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Thorough good self-awareness, is able to motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance
- Has a passion for London
- Flexible working environment including remote working and the opportunity to work in our HQ with great views over Tower Bridge
- To join a Sunday Times Top 100 not-for-profit company and a fast paced, flexible and upbeat environment
- To become part of the London Family and do great things for our City
- 30 days’ holiday in addition to UK public holidays (pro-rated)
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone. These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance. If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by emailing or call 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.