Senior UI Designer
This is a Senior UI Designer role on one of the most recognised brands in the UK. The role requires an understanding of Design Systems and applying common UI patterns whilst always aiming to achieve user objectives, You will be part of a growing in-house Experience Design team in a successful publishing and media company in West London.
What we would like to see…
* An online portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills
* Experience applying and demonstrating a user centric approach to projects
* Experience working on the UI for responsive web
* The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
* A good understanding of front-end technologies
* Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
* Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
Joining a 10 strong Experience Design Team, this Senior UI Designer will work collaboratively with UX Architects and Designers, Front End Developers and Product Owners on a regular basis. They should be comfortable supporting the digital roadmap and delivering that on mobile tablet and desktop. They must have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centered (evidence-based) Design and a curiosity for the unique challenges of designing for mobile and touch.
Collaborative & Adaptable
This designer role does not work alone – they must naturally consult with, and collaborate with, UX Architects, Developers and Stakeholders. Must be able and willing to adapt approach to problem solving when presented with unforeseen design challenge. Understands and can work in an agile / iterative delivery process. You muist be user-centric and possess a Mobile First approach
whilst confident in digital & Web Usability.
* Solid Visual Design skills
* Constantly weaving rules of Online Accessibility into every project
* Prototyping skills (to test design assumptions with users)
* Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs, as necessary
* Maintain a mobile-first approach
* Detail focused
* Confident in building design guidelines to support decisions
* Ability to use UX research to inform designs
* Able to present their work confidently, and with user evidence to colleagues and stakeholders
* Font Management
* Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* MS Office
* UX tools (for graphic display)
* Coding experience
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted. Our client is keen to promote equality and diversity with all of their roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance, as such, for this role they are happy to discuss flexible working options.