Publications Account Manager
Leading independent consultancy in Baker St, London is looking for a Publications Account Manager for their inhouse design studio.
The Publications Account Manager is the guardian of the brands Publications. By forming a close working relationship with the Heads of the Publications Manager will ensure delivery of Publications content across all platforms.
The role has responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The role also ensures that all creative and production tasks are being completed and that the intersection points between the work streams are being monitored, so that all work is completed efficiently, to deadline & budget.
- Full responsibility for the delivery of a mix of both large and smaller Publications across lifestyle and B2B.
- The Publications Manager has responsibility for the delivery of all publication projects.
- Together with the business stakeholder or marketing lead determine the positioning of the publication, the short and long term goals, and the strategies & operations to achieve them.
- Work with the key business stakeholder to draw up an appropriate budget & KPI’s and then manage these.
- Keep the business updated on projects with a closed issue report detailing challenges faced, efficiencies gained and the overall ROI achieved.
Business Development / Risk
- Work with the Head of Operations to develop the annual plan and long term strategy for all publications
- Identify and deal with project risks and issues by bringing the right people together to deal with situations that inevitably arise during the lifetime of a project.
- Report regularly on key performance indicators such as; cost efficiencies, data and distribution or growth and engagement of the digital audience.
- Ensure clear and effective communication across teams with regular publication project reports & meetings.
- Making recommendations and implementing actions relating to improving production or distribution performance.
Marketing for Publications
- To work with the marketing lead for each publication to ensure marketing and social collateral is produced for the publication.
- Liaise with the EMEA, APAC & UK Marketing Managers also.
- Develop exclusive or extended content opportunities where possible.
- The publications manager must also oversee how the brands are represented at all live events or sampling opportunities.
Distribution & production
- Work together with both the distributor & the printer to deliver a cost efficient and premium product to the business.
- Agree with the lead business stakeholder the print run, paper stock and finish.
- Develop a postal mailing strategy with the Data Analyst to deliver efficiently the publication to the various global offices and clients.
- Work with the Data Analyst to oversee the publications data strategy in conjunction with the data & compliance team
Press and PR
- Liaise with internal PR departments in order that they can gain maximum positive exposure for both the Publication and the company brand.
New Launch Projects
- Take a proactive view to potential new launch activity & business benefits.
- To work with the Global Head of Marketing to develop a revenue strategy, either through featured properties in “VIEW” or by attracting premium branded Ads.
- Ensure that relationships are built across the business, acting as an ambassador for the MARCOMS dept.
Personal skills profile
- A sharp eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Make quick decisions and find solutions to problems, while appeasing key stake holders
- Maintaining a flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- A passion for the pillars of the company, community and culture.